'The Fighter'

Ruddles

christian bale - I'd knock him out, then do freaky stuff!!!

We had this debate at work, the more film buff people said him, as it was meant to be a journey showing you his progression. However others thought it was the complete opposite and a story showing Marks pogression.

I had high hopes for the film, being that it was nominated for awards but it just falls short, i didnt find it exciting like some boxing films. It felt more like a Raging Bull but even slower paced and with less action.

It's ment to be centred around matt wahlberg ( micky ward ) but gose between the two as Christian bale (dicky eklund) was also a boxer who didn't get far but had a bit fame for ( knocking down sugar ray ) and tried to supress his brother by putting him in stupid fights just for money and not particularly bother if he win's, it shows the struggles he had with trying to free him self from his family.

Don't really rate it as it is just set out exacty the same as every rocky film ie he get the crap beat out him then suddenly he's the man ( same story over and over) and I don't think boxing films can really go any other way unless they make it more about the person than the fighting. Worth a watch but don't go running to see it

And sorry if I spoilt it for some :blush:

It's a marmite film, few friends found it boring, others loved every minute of it. The lead is clearly Mark, although there's no rule to say that a film MUST only have one lead actor /actress. Take it for what it is, a good bit of fun with a decent story (which lets face it is what most films lack these days). A modern day take on Rocky :thumbs: