Regular House Movers

Guest prescience

Its about a 6 month plan ATM Tim, but there are still quite a few hurdles to get over - so still some uncertainty but I have a plan.

Andy, thanks again; we plan to move to the south and east of penrith in order to be near to The Lakes but without paying premium prices again.

No plans as to exact property, but as you note people are way friendlier (Henley is just about the most unfriendly place you can imagine unless you're well in with some locals)

This kind of a place would fit the bill

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails- ... 1&tr_t=buy

Not a done deal as I say, but planning is well advanced :)

Cheers for all the help

Nice gaff. Looks like value for money. :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Its about a 6 month plan ATM Tim, but there are still quite a few hurdles to get over - so still some uncertainty but I have a plan.

Andy, thanks again; we plan to move to the south and east of penrith in order to be near to The Lakes but without paying premium prices again.

No plans as to exact property, but as you note people are way friendlier (Henley is just about the most unfriendly place you can imagine unless you're well in with some locals)

Cheers for all the help

yes it does but the most important thing for me is a low or no mortgage - the wife will choose the house, as always ;)

also the fact that in twenty years time, I think pensions will be worth diddly-squat :dry:

Cheers for all the help

yes it does but the most important thing for me is a low or no mortgage - the wife will choose the house, as always ;)

also the fact that in twenty years time, I think pensions will be worth diddly-squat :dry:

Not a problem mate, I'm here whenever you need.

Get yourself a car and sort out the roads and you can organise a drive out :thumbs:

I think your bang on with the pensions line...I packed in paying into mine years ago, I kept paying a fund manager to lose money, I can do that just as well B)

Guest prescience

I think your bang on with the pensions line...I packed in paying into mine years ago, I kept paying a fund manager to lose money, I can do that just as well B)

Someone, I think it might've been Val, was right also when he said he was gonna put all his money into property and pretty much forget a pension. The days of Final Salary schemes are long gone for most of us (not Ming and other coppers though I know B) )

Guest prescience
And sorry forgot to add - a lovely looking place, shame about the carpets.......

Desperate aren't they :thumbdown: don't worry, we won't be buying that place it was an example and the wife does have excellent taste :thumbs:

Guest prescience
And sorry forgot to add - a lovely looking place, shame about the carpets.......

whats wrong with them.... (I have the same on my landing :blush: ) :teeth:

Oops :blush: - they are easy to keep clean (backs away into a corner)

hide the dust I say ;)

Sorry mate :teeth:

hide the dust I say ;)

Sorry mate :teeth:

Nah its just in keeping with all the other old crap I've got ;)

Guest prescience
Hey Dorian

we used these guys instead of solicitors. They were absouletly fantastic. They rang every day with a progress report and really chased the whole thing through. Even reported the guy who we were buying off solicitor for not returning phone calls within a specified time.

http://www.enact-online.co.uk/

Thanks mate :thumbs: a personal recommendation is always tops

sipajen, just saw your post, that's great advice. I will work the incentive route :thumbs:

No worries mate :thumbs:

I was like you, didn't want to be ripped off, so I set my own rules and funnily enough they all fell in line :boxing:

Nice gaff, btw, good luck with it all...

PS Don't take your place off the market until the buyer has a definate sale either, despite what the agent/buyer says.