Rear view camera

fakeindian

That looks like quite a good idea, never thought of running a camera like that!

Can you not use the rear tow eye cap??

Whilst you have a topic already open, I wondered if someone could help me too.

I have some old cameras that I ordered years ago from ebay that have never been used. The problem is that there doesnt appear to be a "power" cable for them, theres just these 2 wires coming from the camera :

connectors.jpg

Obviously the yellow is just a normal video lead, but does anyone know what sort of plug i need for the other end? I guess its for the power??

Cheers in advance,

I have some old cameras that I ordered years ago from ebay that have never been used. The problem is that there doesnt appear to be a "power" cable for them, theres just these 2 wires coming from the camera :

connectors.jpg

Obviously the yellow is just a normal video lead, but does anyone know what sort of plug i need for the other end? I guess its for the power??

Cheers in advance,

Yeah, thats the power. The old camera I replaced on mine had that fitting. A jack plug fits into it but I don't know what size. I just cut off the connector and then your left with a conductor and a screen i.e +12v and earth respectively.

okay I've been looking at rear view camera's for the z but don't want to drill any holes to install it

Does anyone know if this would work?

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/integrated-rear ... issan.html

Quite a few posts on this subject now. Yes that will work if your HU or screen has a video input. It's just very expensive compared to a 'bullet' camera, which can be picked up for £15 to £20.

As said, if you worried about drilling holes, you can use the toe eye cover as that can be replaced easily.

connectors.jpg

Cheers in advance,

the red plug is basically for the power. u will need to check the size of the connector. (if u have an old modem or something that uses a low voltage power supply ie old wall telephone/charger/laptop power supply. then u could use that. chop the end off so u have the black and black/white. make sure u know the polarity of the cable. outer is usually ground/0v