Urgent advice required with an install

chrisgunton

Howdy,

It's cold, dark, and I'm trying to get my AVH P4200DVD installed before the girlfriend gets home :D

I've got the proper loom from ICT, as well as the steering controls remote. It's replacing the Bose with sub etc.

Last little bit and I'm confused by the instruction included with the Pioneer.

Which phono sockets to these 4 connect to? What about the Bose sub???

fr271size580.jpg

fr274size580.jpg

Also, I connected these 2 together (the blue and white)but I don't know if I should have or not...

fr276size580.jpg

Help! :)

Oh ok. I have only just done this. Put in a double din unit.

But i really cant bloody remeber where the black phono goes.

I think that basically the red and white are the left speakers and the yellow and black do the right.

I think that u have it connected right in the last photo.

Make sure u ground the parking park wire too.

Also dependant of the loom you have, u have to chop off one of the plugs and actually solder wires together. This is for the steering wheel controls. I'll have a look for the guide i used. :thumbs:

Way to go Chris, glad you got it sorted. I'd be interested to know what you think of this model, it's sort of on my short list at the mo :)

So far so good. The screen is ok, touch and drag is very responsive. Loads of outputs (and inputs) on the rear.

Downsides are it appears a little sluggish loading track information for the iPod. It changes track quickly but takes 5+ seconds to read the titles, info and artwork.

It has USB, but you have to choose between iPod and USB when installing it - you might be able to rig something up but you generally have one or the other.

LinkSearch is neat if you are using an iPod. You can search for all music from the currently playing artist - or find related tracks. Very neat.

DVD and video I havent really had a chance to experiment with yet.

Setting custom backgrounds is a fiddle. You have to create the image, distort it, and then view it as a slideshow and "capture" the image to the HU and then you can set it as your background.

I havent really had a good play with it yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks Chris, very much appreciated. :thumbs::thumbs::)

Way to go Chris, glad you got it sorted. I'd be interested to know what you think of this model, it's sort of on my short list at the mo :)

So far so good. The screen is ok, touch and drag is very responsive. Loads of outputs (and inputs) on the rear.

Downsides are it appears a little sluggish loading track information for the iPod. It changes track quickly but takes 5+ seconds to read the titles, info and artwork.

It has USB, but you have to choose between iPod and USB when installing it - you might be able to rig something up but you generally have one or the other.

LinkSearch is neat if you are using an iPod. You can search for all music from the currently playing artist - or find related tracks. Very neat.

DVD and video I havent really had a chance to experiment with yet.

Setting custom backgrounds is a fiddle. You have to create the image, distort it, and then view it as a slideshow and "capture" the image to the HU and then you can set it as your background.

I havent really had a good play with it yet, but I'll keep you posted.

I purchased:

ICT 29-674 - The main loom

ICT 29-020 - The steering wheel control loom

ICT 50-256 - The fascia

All from Sextons direct :)

I also got a CD-IU50V - the Pioneer lead for connecting an iPod - which I didn't use. If anyone wants it give me a shout and we can work something out.