help and advice required "warrenty update"

P15UL T

as some of you may know i put my car into the stealers to get some warrenty work done, it all started well with "yes sir no problem"

but today i got the phone call that the warrenty company will not pay for my drivers seat runners grinding, wheel bearing ( although i didnt expect them to but the dealer did say that it would be covered) and the most important part the long trim above the door, which they have quoted me £254 to fix :scare:

the warrenty company said that the reason for not fixing this part was due to the fact that if it was going to break it would have before 30,000 mile

WHAT A LOAD OF FU*KING BULLSH*T, so then if you put you car into get warrenty work done they can turn round and say "no it would have broken before now sir" ????????

any views or help would be appreciated

Is this a standard warranty or an aftermarket (or some form of extended) warranty?

The drivers seat runers are not consumable parts, so I would have thought those would be covered.

In my opinion, the trim above the door is also not a consumable part, and should also be covered in my opinion.

Also it is my personal opinion is that the trim above the door has three tenths of bugger all to do with the mileage of the car, and more the number of times the door is opened or the weather it has to contend with.

Sounds very much like they are trying to wriggle out of the repairs. I would be reading the smallprint, and asking them to identify which particular points allow them to refuse the repairs.

it is the original warrenty that runs out in november

as you said they are non ??consumable?? ( not to good at spelling)

yeah i am going to have to get my winging face on

can someone please check to see if the low fuel warning light comes on when they turn on the cars electrics.

many thanks

well, after the warrenty company not willing to pay for the drivers electric seat runners, and exterior trim strip. my dealer asked me to take in my warrenty book and was happy to see taht it has had a full nissan service history and she would put it forward to her customer services.

she called back today to tell me that the warrenty company would be willing to go halfers on repairs ?????

errr what ?

yes sir they are will to pay for half of the new strip supplied painted and fitted and a new set of seat rails......how much is that going to be then ?

£476 !!!!!!

:rant:

i asked her how much it would be just for the strip as i could live with the seat runners

no sir they are only willing to go half if you get both repairs done

W.T.F. !

now bearing in mind that she quoted me £254 for the strip before(£127 is half)

which mean the actual price of the seat runner is nearly £700,

come on , it sounds to me as though she is trying to pull a fast one and make it out that they are paying half when in fact i am paying the full price.

doe anyone know where i can get a hold of nissans part prices ?

Paul the still pi**ed off !

well, after the warrenty company not willing to pay for the drivers electric seat runners, and exterior trim strip. my dealer asked me to take in my warrenty book and was happy to see taht it has had a full nissan service history and she would put it forward to her customer services.

she called back today to tell me that the warrenty company would be willing to go halfers on repairs ?????

errr what ?

yes sir they are will to pay for half of the new strip supplied painted and fitted and a new set of seat rails......how much is that going to be then ?

£476 !!!!!!

:rant:

i asked her how much it would be just for the strip as i could live with the seat runners

no sir they are only willing to go half if you get both repairs done

W.T.F. !

now bearing in mind that she quoted me £254 for the strip before(£127 is half)

which mean the actual price of the seat runner is nearly £700,

come on , it sounds to me as though she is trying to pull a fast one and make it out that they are paying half when in fact i am paying the full price.

doe anyone know where i can get a hold of nissans part prices ?

Paul the still pi**ed off !

So sorry to hear about your woes mate :dry:

Surely if they are prepared to pay half then they are admitting that the parts are defective hence they should be paying the whole whack? :surrender:

well called another stealer today and they also quoted me £770 for the seat rails - so maybe that is the price. i dont even think there is anything wrong with them. i think they just need taken apart and cleaned.

does anyone know the number of nissam GB ?

cheers