Alloy repair - repair !!

M9O OEY

Hi ,

Iv recently repaired one of my badly curbed alloys thanks to a great write up on a guide on here :teeth: . I'm really happy with the outcome but after spraying there's a small lip where the paints meet :thumbdown: .

My question is what's best to remove the lip I was thinking of some T cut and elbow grease but I thought I'd ask on here before I did something I shouldn't.

Thanks for any replies :thumbs:

M9O OEY

How old is the paint? There are various thinners/poilishes that could be used to depending on how hard set the paint is. If its fresh you could try something like Langka Blob Elimiator ( http://www.langka.com/blob-eliminator-p-31.html ), or T-Cut will do the job, just dont go too mad with it. Mask off the areas you dont want to touch to make sure it only works on the raised areas. If all else fails, just paint it again, but mask of gradually so there isnt a solid line and it blends :thumbs:

is the line where the masking tape was; if so the ridge is the thickness of your new paint and no amount of t cut will fix it. you might be able to flatten it back with some 2k wet and dry, but you may end up having to respray.

pictures would be a great help. what were you repairing and where on the wheel, and where were you masking up too?

Thanks for the replies yes the lip is due to not moving the masking tape think I'll try and get some 2k wet and dry and T cut after as I don't really fancy trying to spray it again. Tbh the improvement is massive and it's ne being s bit picky. :thumbs: