Clutch or Syncro's?

Daryl

Im having more and more issues changing from 4th to 5th toward the upper reaches of the rev range,and also from 5th to 6th. When i do it ,it just seems like there is no gear there,and stick just hits a wall. I have a feeling that my clutch is on the way out,as when im reversing up my drive,on a slope,i get alot of whining from the gearbox.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts where on this. Changing gears most of the time is fine through the gearbox,just seems to be from 4th onwards.

It pulls fine in all the gears,and is not slipping. Just the whining when reversing up hill worries me abit,as does the problem when selecting 5th+6th. I can pull away in 4th gear with some revs,and although it stinks abit,is fine with that.

My drives on a slope and i get the whining noise too when reversing off, i don't have trouble selecting any of the gears though.

The whining noise only comes on after a while and is not instant or when reversing on a flat.

I always thought it was the thrust bearing or something :dry:

If you are unfortunate enough to require a gearbox mate, then I have five preowned low milage 6 speed boxes in stock. :thumbs:

New Exedy Clutch Kits and Fidanza aluminium single mass lightened flywheels all in stock together with OEM dual mass flywheels if you wish to remain stock. :thumbs:

Have a look in my sub-forum for prices :)

All in stock and good to go same/next day.

viewforum.php?f=157

Just :pmzmanalex: if you want further help or advice.

Thanks Alex,nice to know i have options. If i have to replace the clutch etc,id go for a lightened flywheel anyday.

Im considering going for one of your Cosworth filters and brake ducts. Do you sell the pipes in pairs,or do you have a spare one laying around?

Thanks Alex,nice to know i have options. If i have to replace the clutch etc,id go for a lightened flywheel anyday.

Im considering going for one of your Cosworth filters and brake ducts. Do you sell the pipes in pairs,or do you have a spare one laying around?

I can supply the pipe in meter lengths Daryl, but if it is for the brakes then best to do both sides mate. Drop me a pm if you want to discuss further. :thumbs: