insurance

varley16

last week i got my renewel through from elephant for my car insurance, £1000....ouch.

so i went on there website, and put the same details in....£900, a bit better.

i then changed a few things, i added the women onto it, who is 23 and a nurse....£700.

i then changed it to park on the street....£650....strange.

i changed a few things, and eventually got it to £580, which im very happy with.

i had a play around, and changed bits to see what happens, and i found:

it costs more to insure when parked in a garage, and then its lowered when on the drive, and the cheapest being on the street.

it costs more if you have children under 16.

it costs more if your married, if your single its a bit cheaper, but if your co-habiting then its the cheapest.

im in the mechanic so it bumps it up a bit, BUT you lucky farmers and sheperds get cheap insurance.

Having an immobiliser helps with insurance as expected, if you select no alarms/immobiliser, it made no difference. But having a tracker fitted made it more expensive.

Being insured on another car and using that on a regular basis makes it cheaper.

some of the above shocked me a little. so next time you get insurance, park on the road, change your job to a farmer, use another car, put a nurse on it, remove your alarm, get divorced but still live with the lady, get rid of the children or pretend you dont have them, and everything will be cheap.

i changed a few things, and eventually got it to £580, which im very happy with.

............and Varley is now a 50 year old female librarian with 33 years no claims, living in a gated compound guarded by The Expendables

:lol::lol:

i could have the gated compound guarded by the expendables, but that would bump it up, so i would have to park it outside on the road.

This has been discussed a few times but the road, driveway, garage thing actually makes a little bit of sense.

Where is it easier to steal a car?

- Out in the open in the road

- Out in the open on someones drive

- Hidden in a garage thats probably got a crappy lock on it, where you can take your time.

Bearing in mind most sports cars are usually cased up by a criminal rather than being an opportunistic TWOC.

It probably goes on statistics over the many years insurance has been going for.

the sites you can get quotes on like elephant are brilliant, because you can spend ages on there changing things to make it cheaper, if i had done that over the phone they would probably think im mad.

Just done another test, i changed my lady to a man, and it went from £580 to £850....so im thinking, if i have a sex change and become a lady, ill get even cheaper car insurance....simples!

just bought my daughter (17) a 998cc Toyota Yaris 2004 for Christmas as she has just passed her I'm getting quotes of £3200 from everybody I think it's just because I live in London I tried my brothers post address in Royston and it came back down to £1700