CEL's

spursmaddave

My dashboard is like a connect 4 game at the moment :surrender:

Since I had Ferrodo brake pads fitted every now and again I get ABS, TCS and skidding car symbol all lit up :scare:

I am booked in with Abbey for an upRev on the 7th Jan but does anyone have any idea what it could be.... not brake fluid that is all ok and brakes feel fine, only seems to happen when I stop start a bit in traffic...

Anyone else had the same issues after changing brake pads? I know I should go back to where I got them fitted but as I am going to Abbey soon I would rather let them have a look to be honest...

Also getting a loudish click half way down putting the clutch in, I know it isn't the clutch as it is only a few months old, could it need a new clutch wire? Hope it's nothing more expensive :surrender:

I'm sure low battery throws all these up.

As forth clutch, mines has a click too and I'm pretty sure the clutch is hydraulic so there will be no cable.

Get your battery on a charger and if it's a wet cell battery check the water level is above the plates. If it's low fill with de-ionised water(melted icecubes according to my old man)

Cheers for the heads up on the battery Neil, well worth a try :thumbs:

How much is a charger though? Might be worth just testing it and getting a new one if needed I guess...

Would make sense as the weather has been :cold: I have had heated seats etc on and only been doing 18 mile commute to work... plus been reading on here about a lot of other peoples battery woes :surrender:

I came across this when I test drove a Zed before getting ours. They reckoned it was a faulty ABS sensor...........difference was you could feel the ABS kicking in under normal braking from time to time.

Might be worth just checking them out?

Battery charger (if you do feel the need) - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165629

Advice I've been having from those older and wiser is - once it starts to go just bite the bullet and get a new one.