smallest/cheapest alloys/tyres for a zed?

ThyJones

Apologies if this comes across as a silly question, just summing up my options.

Winter tyres are in v.short demand, and im considering buying a set of alloys(2nd hand) and winter tyres(new) for the zed. These can cost loads, so looking for some cheap alternatives in all honesty. Am I right in thinking I would have to stick with the same size alloy and same size tyre for my zed, or in theory could you get smaller alloys and thinner winter tyres?

Any suggestions?

Winter tyres are in v.short demand, and im considering buying a set of alloys(2nd hand) and winter tyres(new) for the zed. These can cost loads, so looking for some cheap alternatives in all honesty. Am I right in thinking I would have to stick with the same size alloy and same size tyre for my zed, or in theory could you get smaller alloys and thinner winter tyres?

Any suggestions?

You could drop to suitable 17". :thumbs:

Any suggestions?

You could drop to suitable 17". :thumbs:

I wouldnt mind doing that, how can i find out what actually would be suitable, ie which size to go for?

Cheers!

ZMANALEX just sorted me out with some suitable 17's which are from a G35 Skyline originally, but are identical to the standard fit on the base JDM model.

Ive googled and checked the offset and I believe these should clear the Brembos no problem.

Some useful info about wheels here: http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Wheel_Specifications

Just be aware you will be lucky to see any winter tyres much before the end of January according to the tyre bods I have spoken to.

ZMANALEX just sorted me out with some suitable 17's which are from a G35 Skyline originally, but are identical to the standard fit on the base JDM model.

Ive googled and checked the offset and I believe these should clear the Brembos no problem.

Some useful info about wheels here: http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Wheel_Specifications

Just be aware you will be lucky to see any winter tyres much before the end of January according to the tyre bods I have spoken to.

Thanks for the info.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did the wheels set you back? and I agree about the winter tyre delay, spoke to a chap earlier who said exactly the same..

I assume yours would then be: front 17 x 7.5 with a 30mm offset and rear 17 x 8 and a 33mm offset?