Another newbie!

:teeth: Hi,

My names Alli... I currently ride a CBR600RR hence my AlliRR name, clever eh! anyway, Im 25years old and from the Glasgow area - currently employed as a Quantity Surveyor in the water industry...boring! :p

Why am I here? Well, Thank TheMinion for plucking me from the US 350 site!! and the fact I've recently been given the "go ahead" from the missus to upgrade the car since im selling the bike - LOVE the Zed's looks but im unsure if I can afford to keep one so I thought I had better sign up to get some good info from the folks who know best! B)

can I ask a few burning questions before I go trawl the search engine?

a) servicing, how regular, how much?

B) mpg - is it fair to assume a MPG average of 25mpg?

c) practicallity - how do you find it for storage etc?

ok, so thats that - ill go now since if youve read this far your probably bored :p

Thanks alot, :thumbs:

:welcome: Alli

and enjoy the forum, you'll find plenty of help and info to answer all your questions.

To answer your first three

a) Service. 9000 miles or once a year depending which comes first. The more expensive service which is a P2 you can get for around £200 but with some shopping around you can get £30 or £40 pounds off

B) MPG. Average around town is 21, on the motorway you can get 29

c) Practicality. Its a two seater coupe than can take a set of golf clubs in the boot or a few shopping bags. Three glove boxes behind the seats to. It's never gonna be totally practical but you wouldn't want that otherwise you should buy a MPV.

Some members have been amazed what they have managed to pack in.

hope that helps :thumbs:

Hi Alli and welcome,

I think M13KYF and beavis have answered your questions. On the storage thing I have a Roadster (stastically half the space of the coupe) and it does hold a surprising amount. Of course your never going to be able to go down to the shops and take home your new TV home the same day but there is more than enough space to do with weekly shop.

I'm origionally from Glasgow and would recommend that you get one for a test drive and if you can drag yourself off the back road and flying down the motorway go for a drive throught the centre of town and listen to the awesome sound form the exhausts and watch peoples heads turn.

You'll be hooked!

P.S. Don't suppose you know my dad who is also a QS, Rudy Hanel of Allan & Hanel. Thought I might as well ask.

:welcome: Alli

and enjoy the forum, you'll find plenty of help and info to answer all your questions.

To answer your first three

a) Service. 9000 miles or once a year depending which comes first. The more expensive service which is a P2 you can get for around £200 but with some shopping around you can get £30 or £40 pounds off

I thought the P3 was the most expensive, being nearly £300 :wacko:

That'll be me btw, not TheMinion :lol:

true the P3 is the most expensive service.

but you only do it every so often as the alternation of services goes P1 then P2 then P1 then P3 and it starts again.

MPG wise you go from 18-19 around town to 30+mpg on motorway driving, so yes an avg of 25mpg is sensible