My new car......

nixy

• 2 weeks later...
Nix - Admiral will give you a multicar policy on the condition you will take the zed over to them when its current policy expires.

So they basically give you a quote for two cars and then when the zeds finished with Chris Knott you transfer it over to Admiral on a pro-rata cost basis. :thumbs:

I did this when I first insured the Zed - the Astra wasn't due for renewal for another six months but they just took it on when it was finished with my old insurer - but it was written in paperwork from the start that I had agreed to bring it over to them for the remainder of the year. So I got benefit of multi car policy - massively reduced cocts for both cars but only paid for six months cover for the Astra.

+1 I did the exact same and saved lots of money they were really good even reminded me it was time to change over second car. :thumbs:

Well I did that with Admiral - but wait till you get the renewal - suddenly it goes through the roof - usual thing once they have got you hooked they want to fleece you.

Both the ZED and June's Jazz now with Highway through Chris Knott - from recollection I saved about £300 on Admiral's silly re-insure quote. But both cars are on separate polices so June & I each keep our NCB's going and so we have flexibility next time round if necessary. A nice thing through CK is that you can ring up when adding mods (such as when I added the spacers) with no extra charge.

Unfortunately these days it seems you have to be prepared to swop insurers each year to get a decent deal, unless the one you are with will price match. If insurance companies valued loyalty in the equation with a competitive quote on renewal once they have your business they could dump a whole load of their call centres and stop a lot of this insurance renewal malarky. :dry:

Admiral certainly do have your pants down around your ankles come renewal time on a multi car policy. I got quoted £2200 for my A3 and 370 :blink: a quick run of the insurance quote with the both of the cars on separate policies came out at something like £1600, then I asked for a multi car policy quote, it came out at £1750, I would like to know where the saving is :lol: they can get stuffed.

My A3 is with them now and it's costing me a small fortune for what I regard the car to be @ £670. The Nissan will cost me £1000, where is the sense in that?!