TrackMania anyone?

JetSet

I guess a lot of people here like racing games but has anyone here tried TrackMania? It'll play on just about any PC and best of all there's a free version available :yahoo: . This isn't a demo or a time limited game. It comes with 65 tracks, Internet play, ladder system and uses a medal system for opening "locked" tracks. There's a track editor and more :) . The free version is called "TrackMania Nations Forever" and is available from here. I was amazed that this was being given away as the game play and graphics are superb.

http://www.trackmania.com/

There's also a commercial version called "TrackMania United Forever" that has a further 147 tracks with different types of tracks, snow, rally, desert, etc. plus there are thousands of user made tracks to download. They give you the free version to lure you into buying this but I can honestly say it's the best tenner I've ever spent on a game. The commercial version has World, Country and Region rankings and records, skinning of cars,etc, etc, lots to get your teeth into :D

Pete

Never heard of this one. I will look into it

Cheers

Not many have. The company that distributed the game went bust just as it came out, so the commercial version is impossible to find here. You can download it at £19.99 or better still get it from EBay its much cheaper in DVD format with the 3D glasses. Don't buy a used version though, once the key has been used then its forever linked to that user. I also forgot to mention that once you have the commercial version then it updates to the newer version which includes a free track pack with another 147 tracks. :) . The game was developed in France and has a huge following on the continent, over 8 million users of the free version, 300k users of the commercial one. Well worth a look at the free version, it's about a 900mb download.

Pete