Glasgow to Nottingham Travel Advice!

The G Man

Yes, another thread trying to gauge travel conditions.

My good lady and I are travelling to Beeston in Nottingham for a Crimbo doo tomorrow morning. The usual route I take is M74 - M6 to Jct 16 - A500 - A50 - M1 Jct 24 - M1 Jct 25 to Beeston, well actually Chilwell.

As we will pass through North England and across to the East Midlands, could I ask members of their knowledge of current driving conditions in these parts.

Would you risk it in your Z's?

The quandry is whether to take The Fat Datsun (Joke!) or our front wheel drive, devil fueled, Seat Leon.

REgards

G

No snow or ice (all gone overnight) here on the M6 in North Staffordshire and the A500 and A50 that i have been on this morning are both fine. :) Infact if it gets any warmer i will be putting my shorts and flip-flops on :p:lol:

I dont drive my zed in winter. :)

Most roads around Notts are fine now, the M1's been clear all week.

My advice would be don't go to Beeston anyway, but if you have to, take the Seat. It's not like you'll have an enjoyable drive down on the gritted motorways in the Zed.

Go eco!

Yes, another thread trying to gauge travel conditions.

My good lady and I are travelling to Beeston in Nottingham for a Crimbo doo tomorrow morning. The usual route I take is M74 - M6 to Jct 16 - A500 - A50 - M1 Jct 24 - M1 Jct 25 to Beeston, well actually Chilwell.

As we will pass through North England and across to the East Midlands, could I ask members of their knowledge of current driving conditions in these parts.

Would you risk it in your Z's?

The quandry is whether to take The Fat Datsun (Joke!) or our front wheel drive, devil fueled, Seat Leon.

REgards

G

Hey, I'm a nott man myself, Stapleford. Roads are all fine really just the very low use side roads that still have some ice on. Been into beeston loads and it is fine.