looking for votes

steve_b

Gents,

Not looking to cause trouble here or there, however I do have a few things I would like to change over there.

Therefore I will be standing for their committee with 3 objectives. If any one who is a member on both and think my point are valid please add to my thread over there.

Regards

Steve

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

Not looking to cause trouble here or there, however I do have a few things I would like to change over there.

Therefore I will be standing for their committee with 3 objectives. If any one who is a member on both and think my point are valid please add to my thread over there.

Regards

Steve

Its been moved to the fabled members area :blush:

Sorry car is ill and in garage.

To other my thread has been moved without a valid reason I believe, but I have agreed to wait until tomorrow to discuss with Jez, had a PM from Pi5, Giles and Jez, doing well so far.

Regards

Steve

Typo corrected thanks to Chubbs for looking and picking me up on this.

Sorry car is ill and in garage.

To other my thread has been moved without a valid reason I believe, but I have agreed to wait until tomorrow to discuss with Jez, had a PM from Pis, Giles and Jez, doing well so far.

Regards

Steve

What are you looking to change?

Get ride of subs, so it would be free.

Get ride of some bullies that are currently mods and try to intimidate others.

Lastly try to see if we could all come together and play happy families.

Tall order but they are having an AGM and think I should have my say.

Get ride of subs, so it would be free.

Get ride of some bullies that are currently mods and try to intimidate others.

Lastly try to see if we could all come together and play happy families.

Tall order but they are having an AGM and think I should have my say.

Bloody hell :wacko:

Good luck mate! Into the lions den you go........

Your points are valid tho. The mods are the main reason I reside here mainly now. I was unsure about paying the fee but some of their behaviour made my mind up for me :)

Steve, you have my vote.....if I ever get to see the thread! :teeth:

I assume, as they are having an AGM that they are restricting it to members only, hence we won't get a chance to vote which is fair enough.

S'pose so. :blush:

Steve,

The thread on the OC is becoming somewhat heated, so I thought I would ask a genuine question here ( and also because the answer may affect the people that use this site ).

I will admit in advance that I mainly use the OC site, but enjoy both. My question is intended as a regular user of both.

Your 3rd aim, as stated on your "promotion" thread on the OC site was to "Join this and the other 350z UK club together". If I was being pedantic, then in my interpretation that is a stage further than what you told the people here higher up this thread, ie "try to see if we could all come together and play happy families", but I may be nit picking and understand ( I think ) your aim.

My question is, have you discussed this with the administrators here ?

When you were questioned on the OC as to which site you saw surviving, going forward, you said you didn't care - that implies that you see a possibility of this site shutting down and users moving to a free OC site ( and obviosuly there are 2 other options, ie the OC site move here, or a new site appears ). Having met Val personally earlier in the year, and exchanging PMs with Chesterfield earlier in the year, then my feeling was that both these guys ( and the others who I'm sorry to admit I am not aware of ) have put in a lot of effort, and are justifiably proud of what they have achieved, and are very keen to make this site work.

I do not want to pre-judge their views, but would be interesting to know if you have the backing of those behind this site, or if this is a personal campaign.

Thanks,

Gus

This has been discussed in person with Steve I beleive, and Im certain I spoke with Steve at JAE regarding all sorts of matters.

In my personal opinion, I think that the joining together, although it sounds great, would be opposed by many, and not just by people in one camp or another. I am sure that there would be opposition to this move on both sides.

The management of such a process could be very convoluted indeed, but anythings possible I suppose.

Given some very abusive PM's I have previously and recently received from a member of the current committee, and the comments that person has previously levelled against this site and its members, I feel that Steve would have his work cut out attempting to change anything.

Though if he has the brass tacks to stand up and try and make things better, then more power to him. I am not a paying member of the other site, but if I was then Steve would get my vote - he is a great guy.

So that's a yes then?

You've spent most of today over there, after your dodgy post earlier????

Why? if this site is so good do you feel the need to spend so much time elsewhere???

Sewing seeds then up stands some other cronie???

Gus,

No problems asking questions here.

Yes I would like this club and the OC to join. I really do not care which one survives or if it comes under a new name. As long as we are one and peaceful.

I have mentioned this many times, and it is what I hope to happen one day. When there was only one site it was okay (apart for the last 2 weeks when they said it was closing down, then the politics behind peoples back started). It would not be my option to close either, it would have to be ratified by both clubs.

It is unlikely I will win with my aims but I think they are just and if many others also do, then it may work out. There really is too much them/us thing for it to be pleasant to stay around.

I started the thread on the OC first, but I am not an admin on either.

NOT one single person asked me to post, and no-one here knew I was going to do it. Some people think I am acting on behalf of people here to close the OC down but that is not true. Everything here is in the open, it does not need to be moved to an area to restrict people seeing it. Again no-one knew I was going to do this, not even me until today.

So in short, it is my personal thing, I had to start somewhere and that was with the OC.

Regards

steve

Steve,

The thread on the OC is becoming somewhat heated, so I thought I would ask a genuine question here ( and also because the answer may affect the people that use this site ).

I will admit in advance that I mainly use the OC site, but enjoy both. My question is intended as a regular user of both.

Your 3rd aim, as stated on your "promotion" thread on the OC site was to "Join this and the other 350z UK club together". If I was being pedantic, then in my interpretation that is a stage further than what you told the people here higher up this thread, ie "try to see if we could all come together and play happy families", but I may be nit picking and understand ( I think ) your aim.

My question is, have you discussed this with the administrators here ?

When you were questioned on the OC as to which site you saw surviving, going forward, you said you didn't care - that implies that you see a possibility of this site shutting down and users moving to a free OC site ( and obviosuly there are 2 other options, ie the OC site move here, or a new site appears ). Having met Val personally earlier in the year, and exchanging PMs with Chesterfield earlier in the year, then my feeling was that both these guys ( and the others who I'm sorry to admit I am not aware of ) have put in a lot of effort, and are justifiably proud of what they have achieved, and are very keen to make this site work.

I do not want to pre-judge their views, but would be interesting to know if you have the backing of those behind this site, or if this is a personal campaign.

Thanks,

Gus

So that's a yes then?

Why? if this site is so good do you feel the need to spend so much time elsewhere???

To be honest have haven't heard anyone saying this site is better than the OC or vice versa. I think the problems fundamentally lie with the people that were involved with the splitting of the old site. I'm sure both have their opinions about who are the real ******* but 5 or 6 people are spoiling it for around 100 people who are regular users of either site. I'm not saying one site is better than the other or that one set of mods is more responsible for the bad blood than the other, I would just like to see at the very least some kind of joint events between the sites :thumbs:

Sunny,

You have lost me, but I will try to explain.

I have been a member over on the OC since day one, I have been a member here ever since I knew it was here. I was a member on the original forum for a year before that. I have meet most of the committee’s on both.

If you saw what was on the other side, then you may understand why I have been busy. as I said, regrettably bullies live over there and I had to defend why I posted.

I think it only post on either side when I have something to say, which is not everyday. All I wanted was my 3 requests and the best way was to start with the OC AGM since we will have our right to stand and it my opportunity to change things over there.

If that does not answer your question, please ask again and I will see if I can answer it.

Regards

Steve

So that's a yes then?

So that's a yes then?

Could you please explain to me what is "dodgy" about asking why refferences to another UK based 350Z site when posted in context with the thread, are removed, although it is not against the rules?

Bear in mind this was (ironic as it may be) a thread discussing the removal or editing of posts by moderators simply because they didnt like the content.

Would you also like me to post up todays insulting PM to myself from a committee member, which also gives an insight into how valued all the "non paying" members are on the OC?

Or perhaps ask why that person is still a committee member after making a very derogatory comment about all the members of this site?

I would suggest however, in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, that this can of worms remain sealed, and we simpy discuss Steves application and assist where possible, as his motives seem genuine and honorable.

Guest prescience

Would you also like me to post up todays insulting PM to myself from a committee member, which also gives an insight into how valued all the "non paying" members are on the OC?

Or perhaps ask why that person is still a committee member after making a very derogatory comment about all the members of this site?

I would suggest however, in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, that this can of worms remain sealed, and we simpy discuss Steves application and assist where possible, as his motives seem genuine and honorable.

I say post it up :p