Space saver in snow

ug45cwb

If it doesn't fit over the front brembo's and you get a flat on one of the front wheels then you're stuffed.

IIRC you get a spanner to remove the 10mm bolt from the front wheels if this is the case. Front flat means you remove front wheel and bold, put rear wheel on front, put space saver on rear. I'm sure thats what we'd quoted you do before.

Not that it means a lot for me, 370z's dont even get a space saver :lol:

If it doesn't fit over the front brembo's and you get a flat on one of the front wheels then you're stuffed.

IIRC you get a spanner to remove the 10mm bolt from the front wheels if this is the case. Front flat means you remove front wheel and bold, put rear wheel on front, put space saver on rear. I'm sure thats what we'd quoted you do before.

Not that it means a lot for me, 370z's dont even get a space saver :lol:

Ah ok! I didn't realise you could remove the bolt, quite a handy thing to know, cheers.

The 350 spacesaver certainly does not fit over the 370 calipers. But by using a 15mm spacer it will fit on a 370, which requires the removal of the 10mm bolt.

You always want more grip on the driven wheels, and as such you'd put it on the fronts.

In snow you are worse off having wide wheels - rather like aquaplaning with standing water (recent F1 wet races demonstrated that so well). In fact in any slippery conditions the narrower the driven wheels the better (as I remember from my trialing days) and the reason why winter tyres not only have chunky tread blocks but are considerably narrower than 'summer tyres' , so I would not agree with Ekona's suggestion in the context of this thread heading.

I had mine on the back and felt like I had tons more grip than when all this snow was around last year. Trouble was when the back wheels did spin the car would always want to turn right as the back left wheel had the skinny space saver on so had better grip.

On a sidenote, whats supposed to happen if you exceed the 80kmph limit?

I had mine on the back and felt like I had tons more grip than when all this snow was around last year. Trouble was when the back wheels did spin the car would always want to turn right as the back left wheel had the skinny space saver on so had better grip.

On a sidenote, whats supposed to happen if you exceed the 80kmph limit?

they arent ballanced, so damage and potentially come off.