Hello From a Zed Noob

Guest prescience
Hello again , just got back from seeing the car and hope you can help with some queries I have.

He says that the odometer is reading KM's (about 22,000 kms), should this not have been converted to miles as part of the SVA? Or does it continue to clock up in KM's ?

It should have been converted (converter installed) and if not, it is illegal AFAIK. It will have had the km bit blanked off and must now clock up in miles. This thread explains most of what you need to know http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33862

There wasn't much in the way of service history. Would there be any books or anything with it ? He bought the car at 4500kms landed in the UK, but has only had one service since, surely should have had more ?

Services are due at 9000 miles and 18000 miles or 15000 kms and 30000 kms, so I reckon that is OK. But there should be a service book I think?

He mentioned the axle click (a couple of clicks when pulling away, no more), but didn't seem to think its a problem. Should I be concerned ?

This is a known problem (certainly with UK cars) and is a warranty fix which will not be applicable to you. Unless you get them to fix it for you walk away and I mean a proper fix (i.e replacement), not simply a re-greasing or turn through 180 degs. You should be concerned yes.

Certainly needs 4 new tyres as they look like the originals which are worn and a little cracked, didn't look feathered in particular, just worn.

Bridgestone tyres with code ending in KZ are prone to feathering, ending in XZ or other are not

Body work all looked immaculate.

Every cloud has a silver lining

The dash was covered in back2black :rant: Can't stand that stuff, put me off.

Why was that done? To hide something?

What do you think, walk away ? Or is this par for the course with an import ?

Run away :lol: unless you get cast iron assurances on the above

Appreciate any advice or answers to the above questions.

Comments above

hi there and welcome :)

you should make sure it has a gradeing sheet and i reckon it is due its next service,

the speedo conversion should be done as part of the sva and should now clock up in miles.

sounds to me as though this guy has imported it his self cause if a company had done it the speedo would have been done.

depending on how much you are getting it for and how much you could get the same car from the dealer for would make my mind up.

i have had no experiance on the clicking axle and not sure how much it wouild cost to fix , just another thing to think about.

sorry to be a little negative but i did buy an import of someone and got caught out with a few things.

hope this helps and dosnt put you off the Z as it is awesome !!!

Thanks for the comments, most appreciated.

Think I may steer clear. He wasn't really clued up on the car to be honest, seemed to like driving them but didn't know much about them. Now has a TVR Tuscan.

There was no service book, just some receipts. But there was a Japanese auction report which looked fine (B grade), and a BITMA certificate plus details from the importer so it looked all genuine.

I think with all the niggles in the back of my mind it may be best left alone :( Shame as I can't seem to find a good one in my price range.

I think with all the niggles in the back of my mind it may be best left alone :( Shame as I can't seem to find a good one in my price range.

Sounds like the best course of action to me. Sometimes you just get a bad feeling and your instincts are oftn correct.

I am also struggling to find a good car that is in my price range too, and by "good" I mean "not silver" :yuck:

Welcome to the site, you are in the right place as I have had some good advice already from the guys here, and good Z-hunting mate.

Sounds like the best course of action to me. Sometimes you just get a bad feeling and your instincts are oftn correct.

I am also struggling to find a good car that is in my price range too, and by "good" I mean "not silver" :yuck:

Welcome to the site, you are in the right place as I have had some good advice already from the guys here, and good Z-hunting mate.

Just don't want a silver or GM one

Good man!

Those are the most drab colours going :boxing:

A car like the zed needs exciting colours to accentuate its lines.

Lambo don't make GM cars do they? :wacko:

How can you see the lines with your retinas burnt out!!!! :surrender::p

Good man!

The colour grabs your attention way before the actual car does ;)

Good man!

Joking aside, its actually silver which accentuates lines which is why so many concept cars are silver...... :thumbs:

Good man!

Joking aside, its actually silver which accentuates lines which is why so many concept cars are silver...... :thumbs:

Poor deluded boy :)