Hello From a Zed Noob

Hello all,

First post so hello to everyone :)

I'm going to look at this car at the weekend, any comments ?

Seems to fit the bill, low mileage, manual, one owner from import, leather, brembos etc.

Anything I should be aware of ?

Just selling my Golf TDi having previously owned a 2003 WRX, and a 2001 Civic Type-R. Always admired the 350Z from afar and decided to go for it :yahoo:

Many thanks,

Dunk

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I did have a laugh at the 'Benbow brakes' :teeth:

I've had a good read of the JDM section, lots of great info. Just one thing I'm not sure on . . . servicing. What service is it likely to be due next ? Anything major to be changed/checked on the horizon ? Just want to make sure that there are no big bills arriving too soon :blush: Should I be concerned that its an early car (2002), or nothing to worry about ?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I did have a laugh at the 'Benbow brakes' :teeth:

I've had a good read of the JDM section, lots of great info. Just one thing I'm not sure on . . . servicing. What service is it likely to be due next ? Anything major to be changed/checked on the horizon ? Just want to make sure that there are no big bills arriving too soon :blush: Should I be concerned that its an early car (2002), or nothing to worry about ?

Thanks again for your help.

may want a "P2" service about £200 at main dealers a lot less at an independant, basically oil/ filters change..nothing really to worry about being a 2002 car, just check as any used car buy..(mines a 2002 JDM and has been spot on :thumbs: )

Thanks again to all, very helpful bunch ;)

AndyC - Your misses (in the sig?) is one fine looking lady. I'm guessing she's a model, if so good luck to her in her career B)

Thanks mate :thumbs: she was doing a bit of modelling, she's looking to get into acting now really, I'll pass on your best wishes though, cheers :teeth:

Hello again , just got back from seeing the car and hope you can help with some queries I have.

He says that the odometer is reading KM's (about 22,000 kms), should this not have been converted to miles as part of the SVA? Or does it continue to clock up in KM's ?

There wasn't much in the way of service history. Would there be any books or anything with it ? He bought the car at 4500kms landed in the UK, but has only had one service since, surely should have had more ?

He mentioned the axle click (a couple of clicks when pulling away, no more), but didn't seem to think its a problem. Should I be concerned ?

Certainly needs 4 new tyres as they look like the originals which are worn and a little cracked, didn't look feathered in particular, just worn. Body work all looked immaculate.

The dash was covered in back2black :rant: Can't stand that stuff, put me off.

What do you think, walk away ? Or is this par for the course with an import ?

Appreciate any advice or answers to the above questions.