Anyone changed badges on 370Z?

mbs

As there is some debate as to whether the 370 has Nissan's self healing paint or not, I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the recommended method, i.e a hairdryer to loosen the adhesive on the Nissan badges. Don't want to start if there is any chance the heat may have an effect on the paint.

You'll be fine using a hairdryer on it. Infiniti told me they use full on heat guns to get the paint warm to activate the resin in the clearcoat.

What badges are you changing them for? I learnt from my 350z not to buy cheap badges. The black pearl ones lasted all of 3-4 months before looking cack, wished I had kept the originals.

You'll be fine using a hairdryer on it. Infiniti told me they use full on heat guns to get the paint warm to activate the resin in the clearcoat.

What badges are you changing them for? I learnt from my 350z not to buy cheap badges. The black pearl ones lasted all of 3-4 months before looking cack, wished I had kept the originals.

Have got both satin Z badges and Tommy K ones I had on my 350, interested in seeing what they look like on the quartz 370.

How are the Satin ones holding up? Dont know if my black ones were particularly poor quality or if they are all like that :shrug:

Guess you can always put the silver burgers back on again if needs be, its the lettering that is more difficult.

How are the Satin ones holding up? Dont know if my black ones were particularly poor quality or if they are all like that :shrug:

Guess you can always put the silver burgers back on again if needs be, its the lettering that is more difficult.

Had the satin ones on for 2 years with no noticable problems, was only thinking of changing the Nissan burgers.

• 3 weeks later...

Because I have a Black Edition I wanted a black badge. From this angle it doesn't look great. Still not decided on keeping it but since the OEM Nissan one was started to lose black from the lettering I think it looks better than that.

To get the old badge off I used a blunt heated up knife rested on tissue paper to protect the paint and then i getle levered off the badge but it took a while and some faffing.

72595055.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Since doing this I thought about buying the same badge but in silver, and painting everything but the Small silver 'Z' so that a small Z is all that is seen.