buying a 350z need advice???

bhams_stud

hi everyone

i was going to purchase a 350z, i can get a coupe for £13000 its tan leather , bose sound, no brembo's (any difference with the brakes), full mot and 20000 miles, is that worth it, it's an import clean car but im thinking will it give me problems.

there is another one a 350z cabroleit, with tan leather, 53 plate, jdm import, 19000miles, clean car for £17500 is that worth it?

are the im ports going to be a headache to maintan, what i mean is that are they more likley to have or get faults than a uk spec one?

i needed the advice guys your more experienced in that matter which one would you recomend price wise etc..

how many miles would i get from a full tank aswell?

thankyou

hi everyone

i was going to purchase a 350z, i can get a coupe for £13000 its tan leather , bose sound, no brembo's (any difference with the brakes), full mot and 20000 miles, is that worth it, it's an import clean car but im thinking will it give me problems.

there is another one a 350z cabroleit, with tan leather, 53 plate, jdm import, 19000miles, clean car for £17500 is that worth it?

are the im ports going to be a headache to maintan, what i mean is that are they more likley to have or get faults than a uk spec one?

i needed the advice guys your more experienced in that matter which one would you recomend price wise etc..

how many miles would i get from a full tank aswell?

thankyou

£13k sounds very cheap. Must be the lowest spec import available. Not heard anything bad about the non brembo brakes but I'm sure they put them on for a reason ;) Price wise it sounds abit cheap so be careful. Cabrio sounds a bit expensive to but I'm not expert in JDM's. Or anything else for that matter :blush:

Imports should not really be anymore liable to get faults than a uk car, in fact there is a list of known faults for the uk zed :scare:

I get about 350 miles from a full tank that cost about £70 to fill.

Where in Brum are ya? I'll take you for a spin in mine!!! :teeth:

hello

where in brum , im in edgbaston, i dont know that much about imports i chickened out and got a uk car , but those deals are pretty solid , are those the final prices? with the car in this country?

regarding the brakes i remember an american journalist who tested both brakes and i think the conclusion was that there was no appreciable difference between the stopping power of the brakes but the brembos had better "heat soak ability" on the track

in the real world the discs on the brembos are slightly bigger and most importantly , they look the dogs :thumbs:

full tank of premium is 60 bucks and that will get you probably as low as 350 and as high as 450 i think

oh and welcome

lol, me asking bout the fuel cost made this forum sound something from jerry springer, the cars in the uk, the £13000 is the last price and that guy is in scotland about 8 hour drive he says the cars perfect no axle noise im going to do a hpi check on it and if its all clear u guys think i should buy it?

jus little stone chip marks but thats minor?

cant wait to sit in one though

and mate im from moseley

last question who is the best insurer?

for got to mention its a 52 plate

heres his ad spec

18500 miles, Dec 2002, 6 speed manual, 1 year Mot, 4 months tax, Bose sound system, 6 disc CD changer, orange leather seats, EW, ABS, 4 new tyres, air con, electric heated seats, FSH

is that a good import spec?

thanks again guys

Seems a reasonable deal as long as he's looked after it, and not one of the sort of people who rag their cars as hard as they can constantly, then just sell it and a buy a new one a couple of years down the line, I'd check for signs of harsh treatment.

there is another one a 350z cabroleit

Roadster chap, roadster :thumbs:

I've not driven one, so I could be talking ****.

But I read that the Roadster completely ruined the Z, and really isn't very nice to drive compared to the coupe, not to mention it has a fat arse ;)

Which could well happen, and does happen to alot of cars that are coupes turned convertible.

Or is that just a load of bollocks?

Sorry, it's a bit OT.

not noticed any diference in the way the coupe and roadster drive,i have the roadster and love it ,it possibly feels you are going faster but thats because the roof is down,its all down to what you want from the car if i was looking for a daily driver i wouldn't of gone for the roadster but thats personal choice.

max.

lol, me asking bout the fuel cost made this forum sound something from jerry springer, the cars in the uk, the £13000 is the last price and that guy is in scotland about 8 hour drive he says the cars perfect no axle noise im going to do a hpi check on it and if its all clear u guys think i should buy it?

jus little stone chip marks but thats minor?

cant wait to sit in one though

and mate im from moseley

last question who is the best insurer?

HPI check on an import is next to useless mate, it won't tell you anything about the car before it came into the UK which is the biggest issue with buying an import. Almost every import I've seen in the last 20 years has had a second rate paint job. Most importers buy low grade damaged cars for peanuts and repair them on the cheap over here, be very careful as the vast majority of the public cannot spot a crap paint job right under their noses. Take someone with you who really knows his way around a car. The AA and RAC inspections will not pick up paint repairs either, only mechanical problems. Unless you are an expert I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole mate.

HPI check on an import is next to useless mate, it won't tell you anything about the car before it came into the UK which is the biggest issue with buying an import. Almost every import I've seen in the last 20 years has had a second rate paint job. Most importers buy low grade damaged cars for peanuts and repair them on the cheap over here, be very careful as the vast majority of the public cannot spot a crap paint job right under their noses. Take someone with you who really knows his way around a car. The AA and RAC inspections will not pick up paint repairs either, only mechanical problems. Unless you are an expert I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole mate.

most of the imports I looked at before buying mine had been nowhere near a bodyshop , I think you mean older imports? most of the cars people are intrested in are only going to be 3 years old max!

in fact all the imports I checked out were mint compared to some real scruffy UK cars of similar age.. a bit of a sweeping statement to say all imports have been sprayed badly...I take it you dont sell imports ;)

Quite the contrary, I have had literally hundreds of imports over the years but you have to be really careful. I don't think I have ever owned an import that has not been painted. Like I said the general public cannot spot paint repairs which is why they get away with it. Your experience with imports being mint v's Uk cars being scruffy is the exact opposite to mine. The imports I have seen had very inconsistent paintwork and of course I attend the import auctions and see the state of the cars as they land in the Uk.

It is a sweeping statement to say that every import has had paint, so I will refine it. 90% of imports I have seen in the last 20 years have been painted :p

Once again the issue is not the paint, it's why it has been painted that counts and you need to be able to make an assesment by looking at the car. This is not something that the general public is qualified to do, it's a minefield out there and people need to know this.

It's bad enough buying Uk cars - of course loads of Uk cars have been painted too but you have half a chance of serious damage being recorded on HPI.

I have nothing against imports per se, you pays your money, you takes your choice, I'm just saying be extra careful and take an expert with you.

i think that theres a slight inrease in risk when buying an imported car compared with a uk car and this is reflected in the price difference however there are lemons everywhere nowadays

if you know your stuff and are prepared to work a bit harder you can save a lot of money on an import

in my case i didnt have the facilities to confidently go the import route so i stayed in the uk market

but getting back to the original topic brum stud , dont take this the wrong way but i dont think you seem 100% clued up on the import market and driving 8hrs to view a car can put you in a dangerous frame of mind and you may make a rash decision especially if thats the first time you drive the car . there are hundreds of import examples all within throwing distance of birmingham shop around , i forfeited 2 deposits on two z's because i wanted one badly only for the perfect one to come along

if you have any doubt its not worth it mate

£13k seems a bit too cheap. The spec you mentioned I'd expect to see for around £14k upwards possibly £15k. I paid just under £16k for mine pretty much same spec (but with converted UK Sat Nav, electric heated seats) I agree with the earlier post about being in a dangerous mind travelling 8 hrs etc... Even if the car is fine I'd rather [pay a bit extra knowing the dealer / seller is that little bit nearer should issues crop up.

Re imports. De Ja Vu here. Lomoto and I will try and put our case forward again for imported Zeds but there will always be an opposite view. You do need to take extra care with an import but I'm sure as the earlier posts say take an expert with you perhaps AA? or whatever whether to Scotland or not - that way you should be home and dry.

Best of luck!

£13k seems a bit too cheap. The spec you mentioned I'd expect to see for around £14k upwards possibly £15k. I paid just under £16k for mine pretty much same spec (but with converted UK Sat Nav, electric heated seats) I agree with the earlier post about being in a dangerous mind travelling 8 hrs etc... Even if the car is fine I'd rather [pay a bit extra knowing the dealer / seller is that little bit nearer should issues crop up.

Re imports. De Ja Vu here. Lomoto and I will try and put our case forward again for imported Zeds but there will always be an opposite view. You do need to take extra care with an import but I'm sure as the earlier posts say take an expert with you perhaps AA? or whatever whether to Scotland or not - that way you should be home and dry.

Best of luck!