Help Needed, Window problem again.

donaldschen

My driver side window has fully up at the moment, totally not going down. :shrug: when i close the door, the top of window will hit the edge badly. Garage man reset computer and it only last half day, the quote price to replace motor which cost 299pounds(parts) + 120pounds(labour) plus VAT. its really expensive !!!!!!

i have read window topics before, its an common problem. And people sorted it out by window reset.

Just want to know how many people done this before? and how long it could last, e.g. half year?

Any good garage or good way can sort it cheaper? Am based Manchester and always travel to Chester.

many many thanks

Ive got one left in stock at the moment.

I had a similar issue with mine, the reset didnt work :dry:

The motor is £150 including vat with 12 months guarantee. Plus theres a place in Derby called mobile solutions that quoted around £70 for fitting.

Worth dropping them an email and you could collect the motor off me and take it there if its worth making the journey for you

:thumbs:

My driver side window has fully up at the moment, totally not going down. :shrug: when i close the door, the top of window will hit the edge badly. Garage man reset computer and it only last half day, the quote price to replace motor which cost 299pounds(parts) + 120pounds(labour) plus VAT. its really expensive !!!!!!

i have read window topics before, its an common problem. And people sorted it out by window reset.

Just want to know how many people done this before? and how long it could last, e.g. half year?

Any good garage or good way can sort it cheaper? Am based Manchester and always travel to Chester.

many many thanks

:pmzmanalex: or R35LEE for a second hand part and if you dont want to fit it yourself then pop into Lockwood and Greenwood. Speak to Dave on the service desk and he'll look after you and give you some club discount

The motor is £150 including vat with 12 months guarantee. Plus theres a place in Derby called mobile solutions that quoted around £70 for fitting.

Worth dropping them an email and you could collect the motor off me and take it there if its worth making the journey for you

thanks a lot, Tarmac. I will contact our local garage who could fitted it first. If yes, could you post it to me?

many many thanks

:pmzmanalex: or R35LEE for a second hand part and if you dont want to fit it yourself then pop into Lockwood and Greenwood. Speak to Dave on the service desk and he'll look after you and give you some club discount

the price above was from their quote...

In the meantime, gives the door a big thump just above the switch..temporary fix. :thumbs:

thanks a lot, thats why the garage always taken 5mins to fix it, then it back again soon.

its really shame that everytime i need come out to pick up a ticket when entry any car park, same sa going out. :shrug:

I had similar problem few weeks ago..common fault with the Zed :thumbdown: Had a pre-owned secondhand windows motor replaced by R35LEE's garage and since then it has been working fine. Like Mike said, get a secondhand refurbished unit off either R35LEE or ZMANALEX and take the car round to Lockwood and Greenwood..will be fixed in no time :thumbs:

There's a DIY guide somewhere but I am not a technical person..would probably break it if i start taking the door card's off. :lol:

thanks a lot, Tarmac. I will contact our local garage who could fitted it first. If yes, could you post it to me?

Yes, I can post no problem.

:)

Its a real easy job to fix it, almost certainly needs the commutator cleaning... check out the guide as previously stated its real good. It'll take less than two hours and cost 0! since I did mine its been perfect. The commutator gets carbon and grease in it causing the motor to struggle. It is worth a try. Oh yes a new motor will also fix the problem too but alas that will cost rather more than 0. Good luck :thumbs: