Funny Autotrader Scam Emails

Ricey

Ok so we've all been there - you stick your email address on your autotrader advert and before you can say Nigerian 419 scam a bloke purporting to be called Susan Smith wants to buy your car for full market value without seeing it (BTW if anyone doesn't know what a 419 scam is - do ask because people obviously fall for it and it sounds all fine and dandy with UK Bankers drafts being used etc).

Now I actually love responding to these cretins - I have a whole host of emails that I read from time to time to make me smile - here's a few to start off with.......please add any of your own to give us all a giggle

NAME: MR Kim walter

TELEPHONE:

EMAIL: kimberlywwalter@gmail.com

Vehicle Details:

MAKE: MAZDA

MODEL: MX-5

PRICE: £2700

Hello,

My name is Kim Walterh,I leave at 47 Cormorant Ave, Houston, Renfrewshire, PA6 7LG, Scotland.

I came across your Auto advert on the internet,which I am interested in buying it for my wife but first i'd like to know the following things.

It's a diesel or petrol? The mileage? And also if it has been involved in any accidents in the past,and other features not mentioned in the advert. In your email, please let me know the LEAST PRICE you'll sell for me.

Payment will be made to you by a certified UK Bank Draft or Cheque and collection is after clear funds into your account.

Thanks and I await your reply with the picture via-email as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Mr Kim.

Response from me

Hi Kimberly,

Answering your questions in order;

- It runs on uranium 231

- 1.3 million mile but all motorway miles.

- It has been involved in 45 accident and was previously used in a destruction derby.

- The least price I can let it go for is £400,000.

Next one

Received: 18 August 2010 19:01

Customer Details:

NAME: MR emily douglas

TELEPHONE:

EMAIL: emily_douglas11@luxmail.com

Vehicle Details:

MAKE: MAZDA

MODEL: MX-5

PRICE: £2995

HELLO SELLER MY NAME IS Emily Douglas. I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON THE INTERNET AND I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND I WILL LOVE TO BUY IT FROM YOU, SO CAN YOU JUST TELL ME THE CONDITION OF THE GOODS AND THE FINAL ASKING PRICE SO THAT I WILL QUICKLY MAKE THE ARRANGEMENT TO PAY IT OFF BY BANK DRAFT, I AM BUYING IT FOR MY BELOVED WIFE FOR A SURPRISE GIFT FOR HER FORTHCOMING BIRTHDAY,BECAUSE I AM PETROLEUM ENGINEER CURRENTLY ON A RIG OFFSHORE JUST TRY AND FEED ME BACK WITH THE CONDITION AND THE LAST PRICE......I WILL NEED YOU TO GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND THE NAME YOU WANTED ON THE BANK DRAFT SO I CAN SEND THE BANK DRAFT FOR THE PAYMENTS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.. PLEASE NOTE I WILL ADD THE PICK UP AGENT FEES WITH THE BANK DRAFT I WILL SEND TO YOU,THAT THE PICK UP AGENT WILL COME FOR THE PICK UP AS SOON AS I HAVE MADE THE PAYMENTS,I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO TALK TO YOU ON PHONE BUT I HAVE TOLD YOU EARLIER ON AM RIG OFFSHORE,I WORK MAINLY OFFSHORE, OUR PHONE IS NETWORK ON THE RIG RIGHT NOW DUE TO BAD WEATHER, WE CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH OUR BASE FOR NOW. THANKS AND I WILL BE EXPECTING YOUR ADDRESS.....SO FILL THE INFORMATION LIKE THIS

NAME....................

ADDRESS.................

STATE...................

POST CODE..............

COUNTRY................

LAST PRICE.............

EMAIL......................

TEL NUMBER............

I WILL ENSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT AT LEAST IN 6 WORKING DAYS.

AS REGARDS THE PICK UP,AS SOON AS YOU CONFIRM TO ME THAT THE BANK DRAFT IS CLEARED TO YOUR ACCOUNT, I WILL INFORM MY AGENT SHIPPER TO COME FOR THE COLLECT IMMEDIATELY. CONSIDER IT SOLD TO ME.

I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST....

THANKS.

Response

You can have full access to my bank details and my wife provided you tell me one thing

.........just how annoyed were you when your parents christened you Emily and how hard it is to sound matcho on an oil rig when you have a female name?

My Favourite

MAKE: MERCEDES-BENZ

MODEL: CLK

PRICE: £5000

My name is desmond dave i live in 51 Constance StreetConsett c.o Durham England i saw the advert of your car on http://www.autotrader.co.uk and i am interested in buying it from you,will you pls get back to me if it is still availlable for sale ,you can reach me on +447024086782 your fast responce will be highly appreciated.

Regard,

Desmond.

Response

Your not the Desmond are you??? I mean if you are I'm sure we can work something out.............even if you've got a rubberized bankers draft you'd like to send me.

Over the years you've given me so many laughs and happy memories

Do you still get to see Pork Pie much??

desmonds-20090528173104_625x352.jpg

I've got a few more too but I don't want to crash the site with my waffle........you've got to love the crazy lovable Nigerian folk.

:lol: Are these bots then? Or did they ever respond to your replies? Loved the Emily on an oil rig one :p

I don't think so but some international IT security hero like Anders will probably set me straight. Its more some cheeky monkey sat in Lagos pinging emails around. Its quite scary how it works though......plenty of people who weren't savvy to the ways of the world must get pinged by them.

I'm not sure how bots work but autotrader doesn't put your email out in the open - you have to submit via a form I think.

:lol: Are these bots then? Or did they ever respond to your replies? Loved the Emily on an oil rig one :p

.....sorry - I did actually get a reply from the Kimberly Walter one - he wanted my name and address to send the bankers draft because he was most impressed with my offer of selling it to him for £400.....he backed off after I replied that it was £400,000 though. :lol:

.....sorry - I did actually get a reply from the Kimberly Walter one - he wanted my name and address to send the bankers draft because he was most impressed with my offer of selling it to him for £400.....he backed off after I replied that it was £400,000 though. :lol:

So 'she' was ok with it running on Uranium 231 but not being best part of 1/2 a mil? What are the chances!

• 4 months later...