Help needed urgently - listing ending soon

Androo

HI there guys,

I have a poverty spec non GT UK 05 plate and this currently doesnt have the bose system in it.

Ive seen a listing for a bose set thats ending tonight, but wondered - is it actually worth upgrading?

the listing contains the 4 speakers, sub and head unit, along with the sub amp.

The one thing that REALLY lets down these cars on the non GT are the terrible stereo - above 22/31 it distorts, is tinny and sounds naff.

Is it worth getting the bose setup? As im not wanting to spend alot.... im not a major ICE man, but i like music to a reasonable level with good quality sounds

thanks guys

Its ok but not brilliant, havn't heard a non bose so cant say how much better. Old head units have been known to skip and if i remember correctly it hasnt been "divorced" it wont work. And you will have a fair bit of re-wireing to do IMHO so depends how happy with that you are.

Post the link up so folks can see the asking price and im sure someone will be able to say if its reasonable. :thumbs:

Sad maybe but the BOSE system was a key factor in deciding what to buy. Mine shows no sign of skipping and sounds great. Perhaps you either love or hate BOSE. My only problem is naff radio reception which I thinkis down to a non standard stubby aerial. Fine probably in metropolitan areas but not in rural Suffolk

i can give you everything but the hu for i suspect cheaper than the listing.

the HU marries itself to the car so it is a struggle to get that to match up, it can be done but someone else might be better at advising you how.

Oh that'd be cool

first off that onl show sone fo the 2 amps secondly ... it iant worth the crossgrade . just buy a half decent headunit for what ever your budget it will sound better and be easy to upgrade and when you sell you can just pull it rather than have to faff about or sell as bose non gt .

coolio, thanks guys. Guess i'd better keep my eyes peeled for a super bargain.

Although, is the single din conversion used very often? I kinda like the fact i have a double din, but a good single would be more in my region at the moment...

That bose sub isnt to bad if fed right. I started of with just putting my Alpine 9886R headunit and Imprint PXA-H100 processor, on the default EQ's it sounded great, loads better then standard but i didnt like having that much bass behind the seat so i upgraded.