suspension help?

sinbad

O.k. Well it looks like i may be putting off buying a house until i know what the market is doing. This now free's up abit of cash so i'm thinking of taking the plunge on getting some suspension. I don't want coilovers as im worried that there going to be too harsh and need top mounts which is extra cost. The setup that Val has seems to get the thumbs up, However I'm struggling to find the RSR springs, the Hotchkis are abit too soft so i think i may go for the Tein S-tech springs along with Tokico D-spec dampers, both from the states.

My question is, will this setup be o.k.? I've tried to get the spring rates close to the RSR setup. The Teins are stiffer front and softer rear, from my very basic knowledge, won't this increase oversteer?

Hotchkis sport coils-------------- 340lbs front/ 330lbs rear

Tokico spring/damper set ------ 375lbs front/ 375 lbs rear

RSR springs ---------------------- 365 lbs front/417 lbs

Tein S-Tech ---------------------- 386 lbs front/403 lbs

I know this is a tough question so any help or advice will be appreciated.

What I wasn't keen on with the Tein's is that they lower the fronts more than the rears. I've got some pictures somewhere. Looked too low at the front to me. The zed is already lower at the front than rear and this exagerates it.

Do you want me to find a picture? There's loads on my350z.com

No thanks Kev, I'll take your word for it.

Val / Kev - Did you need to get a rear camber kit when you fitted your RSR/D-spec setup?

I've emailed a few company's to see what prices they have with regards to Tein/D-spec and D-spec kit.

Looking like i'm going to opt for the D-spec kit at the moment.

No thanks Kev, I'll take your word for it.

Val / Kev - Did you need to get a rear camber kit when you fitted your RSR/D-spec setup?

I've emailed a few company's to see what prices they have with regards to Tein/D-spec and D-spec kit.

Looking like i'm going to opt for the D-spec kit at the moment.

No, that's the advatage of the RS-R's. I searched my350z.com and no one needed to adjust the geometry. The Eibachs lower about 40mm and this will need camber adjustment.

As for the D-Spec's, these are a great setup. They fit superb too. Check with Val as to the settings he has. I'm struggling to remember what we set his to.