Plenum Spacers

Mark@Abbey m/s

No plenum spacers for the HR totally different design of inlet plenum. But do the normal breathing mod on these cars with a reflash and they give good bhp/torque.

With regards Motordyne Genuine plenum spacers, I am just waiting for a order to be sorted for packed of lovley Motordyne equipment, if i can get a list of people that want spacers and are willing to pay up front I am sure we can get the price nice and low.

Mark

• 2 months later...
Motordyne plenum spacers.

£175-00 inc vat + £7-00 Post and packing.

In stock ready to go.

I wouldn,t bother with thermal spacer kits never seen any gain from turning the water off through the throttle body.

Mark

Are these still for sale? and... are these 5/16" ? or whatever size they are, can the stock strut bar be left in place?

After fitting one of these, the sound of the car inside is alot deeper and louder on start up and revving. I never fitted the spacers in the strut bar as it's already close to by bonnet. It clears the plenum by a ball hair. I got a hold of a thermal kit at a great price by a buddy who was in the states. The only problem I had was I couldn't fit the bottom plenum gasket as the the nuts were so tight on when using a socket on them it stripped the corners off the front nut a little. I gave up and decided to leave it for the pro's when I get a chance. I reckon it will now be a fight to get the nut off. It really is on solid.

After fitting one of these, the sound of the car inside is alot deeper and louder on start up and revving. I never fitted the spacers in the strut bar as it's already close to by bonnet. It clears the plenum by a ball hair. I got a hold of a thermal kit at a great price by a buddy who was in the states. The only problem I had was I couldn't fit the bottom plenum gasket as the the nuts were so tight on when using a socket on them it stripped the corners off the front nut a little. I gave up and decided to leave it for the pro's when I get a chance. I reckon it will now be a fight to get the nut off. It really is on solid.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but you can get socket sets which instead of being perfectly hexagonal have rounded sides (i.e the hexagons a little larger than required and the sides bend inwards) - these press on the sides of the nut rather than the weaker corners so should help in getting the nut off. Hopefully someone will be along with the name soon... or I'll probably remember at some point. :thumbs:

Sockets are called Flank drive sockets , It used to be Snap On that only made them but I am now sure a lot of tool makers do the same idea. The work by putting pressure on the centre of the sides of the nut and not on the corners.

Thanks mate those bottom plenum nuts at front and back are solid. This should make my life easier