A/T Selection Knob Removal

chippy

Does anyone know how to remove the AT selector shift knob? I fancy one of those RSW carbon covers for the bottom panel but would imagine that the knob needs removing to fit it.

I downloaded a PDF workshop manual for the 370z last night but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, a question that's had me wondering for quite sometime - why is there a red marker on the speedo at 30mph? :blush:

I've had the finisher off on mine, but the unit looked to be one piece, well not one piece, but no obvious way to take it apart. You may find you have to remove the whole unit and remove the "stick" from below. Or maybe the gap in the gate (where you shift from full auto to manual) is just big enough to get over the gear knob?

Or maybe the gap in the gate (where you shift from full auto to manual) is just big enough to get over the gear knob?

I thought that, but the I think the knob looks a bit to fat. I'll have a crack at making a cardboard template of the gate tomorrow and see if it works. Failing that I might try emailing RSW and see how it's done.