Flashing Air Bag Light...

BK350z

Hey Darren,

It WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Thanks matee.

Thanks also Zugara and ChrisS for your tips!

Very pleased, hopefully it was just a reset and nothing is wrong,

Cheers,

BK :thumbs:

In the event of having a flashing Airbag warning light (but with no fault with the system), then follow the following procedure:

This procedure will CLEAR the AirBag light ONLY if you do not have problems with the airbags on your 350Z.

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

In the event that this does not work, then may be indicative of an actual fault and further investigation should be sought.

I believe its the connector on the passenger seat in mine, the light normally comes on when the seat is set right back with all my junk squashed behind it :blush:

that sounds about right, i always have them right back until there pressed up against the bulk head. think i will try and have a look under to see if there are any loose connections...

Abbey m/s - if there are dodgy connectors, is it an easy job? accessibility? i am reasonably handy (can change speakers etc etc) but not an expert!

btw this forum is excellent, there is enough to keep me going for the winter! I bought the Z after selling my air-cooled 911 who's forum was very similar to this (www.911uk.com) its great to have contact with like minded people.

brilliant and thanks again!

cheers :thumbs: