NURBURGRING - April 2011 - **Update 15/2/11**

Cool nice one Bennett.

Okay I've just checked the prices for the Harwich Ferry and the Eurotunnel. The ferry has gone up to £213 (which includes the cabin for the outward journey) - which is an increase of £30.

The tunnel has gone up by £8 to £98. I'm starting to think Tunnel is going to be the way forward, which will mean leaving the Thursday morning 10am train. Total extension to mileage in taking the train 65 miles.

I think Amsterdam is going to be a little extra on the juice and price of the weekend to be honest.

Therefore I'm going to put the first firm offer on the table.

Outbound

Thursday 7th April - Leave Folkestone 9:50am train

Thursday 7th April - Land Calais and drive to the Ring (est 5hr's 203 miles) (arrive Nurburg 5pm'ish)

Return

Monday 11th April - Leave Nurburg 12am - arrive Calais 5pm'ish to catch 6:50pm train back to Folkestone

Monday 11th April - Land Folkestone 6:30pm'ish (and how depressing to be back in the UK oncemore!)

Hotel - I've kinda fallen for Hotel An Der Nordschleife http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/hotel/index.php

Only because it's slap bang on the track, with views of the track (as long as they don't start testing/racing at 5am waking me up!!

Priced at 45 and 75 Euros (Single/Double) per night it seems reasonable!!

This would bring the cost as follows (Excluding fuel)

Eurotunnel £98

Hotel Thur to Sun night 4x75€ = 300€ / 1.165 = £265

Ring Laps (15) 300€ /1.165 = £265

Total excluding food and fuel £628!! (I think I might take my tent!!)

Anyone fancy joining me with the above plan.....

I'm going to see if it makes any sense for me to land in france from ireland direclty (dont think so) otherwise I'd go over early to england and meet up with you for the train crossing (it's faste to take the train, on and off)... Would we leave a bit earlier though so we might make a few laps on the ring? ((add on at least 1 hour of fecking around on the travel time that google throws up))

Otherwise then that I'm in... and as I said... dont think about cost :p

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys i have just been told today that im going to Canada for 2 months April and May (cheers Army). Im still willing to get the fuel tokens for people if they require them.

The way it works i can get 10 litre tokens for approx 7-8 Euro. Which i will sell on for the same price as i get them to help pople out making the long drive.

The tokens can only be used in Germany and at the following garages BP,shell,esso and Aral. I will have to put my car reg on the tokens and sign all you have to do is enter the date which you fill up on and hey presto alot cheaper fuel than you will pay at the pumps.

Currently the prices are about 1.45euro a litre so you can see that the more tokens you buy the greater the saving will be on fuel.

I will be able to get my hands on approx 500-600 litres. Im going to get myself some tomorrow or Friday so will post up more accurate prices they do change weekly but not by a huge amount.

Like i said guys im not making any money out of this and rob-hughes will back me up on this one and im sure that he can do the same for other people.

I can post tokens out to people so that they have them for when they arrive in Germany they can use them straight away or i can touch base with Ron

Hope this helps some people out and cuts cost for most people.

You're more than welcome to crash at mine the Wed night if you travel over the day before.

Bennett is close by me so we could have a 3 car convoy via the train and like you say end up at the ring in time for a little driver around "The Green Hell" :yahoo:

Everything is negotiable to accomodate.... so leaving earlier is more than possible. It says 5 hours to do 300 miles. Hmmm me don't think so. Flick the NOS on and away we go! (although I don't think my 2 bottles will last 300 miles and there's no refills for me, so I'll be saving it for the track). :drive1

Gaz - that's terrible news..... You seem to always have the hassle of being moved around :doh: - that would do my head in - especially with a Zed Ring Meet!!

I'm sure to be in touch soon for some tokens for sure - that would cut some serious fuel costs! :thumbs:

(I will take your name off the list :byebye: ) A great shame.....

I know mate im gutted to tell the trutha nd the wife aint much happier either when i told her lol.

Yeah no worries about the tokens im sure it will reduce the fuel costs by alot as you will have the fuel all weekend at a good rate then work out where the last garage is at the border fill up and that should get you a decent way into England after filling up.

Andlid - they cost 7-8 Euro's each so that would be roughly 4800 Euro's! How many laps do you plan on doing :lol:

Or are you bringing a TANK!

Heavy right foot its all thats needed :D well in my mind thats almost 1/2 price so as much as I can spend in germany should be used on them!

I know mate im gutted to tell the trutha nd the wife aint much happier either when i told her lol.

Yeah no worries about the tokens im sure it will reduce the fuel costs by alot as you will have the fuel all weekend at a good rate then work out where the last garage is at the border fill up and that should get you a decent way into England after filling up.

sounds like a plan :)

Anders wish they would change there mind as its going to be about -10 in Canada as well. BUt no worries about the fuel tokens still more than happy to sort people out for them.

-10 brrrrr...

Try skiing in -19 !!

That's Brrrrr!!

Nice one Gaz - appreciated. Andlid, let me know if you fancy taking the offer of accomodation the night prior and if returning the same time - the same in the way home :thumbs:

Try skiing in -19 !!

That's Brrrrr!!

Nice one Gaz - appreciated. Andlid, let me know if you fancy taking the offer of accomodation the night prior and if returning the same time - the same in the way home :thumbs:

will have to check the dates on my green card if I'm allowed to stay that long :lol: Will look into it and cheers for the offer mate :teeth:

Mr Ruddles, how the devil are ya?

Cost/Mileage

All depends on how fruity we are with the GO pedal to be honest.

Total estimated mileage is 1,200 miles.

That includes going to Amsterdam (potentially) + 15 laps of the ring. So this really is a ball park mileage estimation.

So if you said the average tank did you 300 miles against estimated cost of tank £80 you will be looking at around the £320 mark. Although to be fair this is a light estimation so I'd say nearer the £400 just for fuel !! :scare: (if not more)

Heck this could be expensive!! :teeth:

Very well thanks, 'self?

That's completely fine, around what I expected the cost to be estimated at.

We shalln't be looking into fairly costly accomodation, just motels and the like I would imagine and It'll be a trundle on the drive up as there's a few of us with slower cars and a few 'flatbeds' taking the journey too! ;)

Keeping the cost down and putting more into fuel is the aim.

Thanks for the reply there! :thumbs:

Hey guys went and got myself some tokens so thought i would update you on price i bought 60 litres for 53 Euro they have gone up slightly in price.

When i went and filled up this evening the price i should of paid at the pump was 88 euro so a saving of 35 Euro. As you can see guys you will save quite a bit of money using this option.

This is the price for super (95) and not super plus which costs a bit more but i never notice a massive difference in engine performance or MPG.

To be honest I can't use nothing but 99 or higher, due to being mapped with the NOS - otherwise detonation is highly likely!!

There's a petrol station just outside Adenau that serves 103ron if I recall. Not that it made any difference, but reduces further chances of detonation.

To be honest a saving is a saving, even if it's £10 kinda thing. It pays towards the drinks for me!!

Oh - got a response from Darren he'll be on to confirm his arrangements soon. Although very much up for the event. Just require his confirmation of arrival and nomination for room requirements etc.

:lol: No worries.

Right - gonna msg Darren to see if he's still coming on this trip?!

Hi all I am definately coming, I will just go with the flow when it comes to accommodation etc, I can meet you guys on the way down to the tunnel @ the m20 maidstone services as you will be passing anyway. I should have a plus 1 also. Just need to invest in some new front discs yet again prior to the trip

Glad to hear you're coming. In the names and accommodation listing I've selected a hotel which is right next to the track with views which I'm sure will benefit when we're not on the track.

Regarding the +1 I have my own +1 so I won't need to borrow yours :p

It may be advisable to get bookings sorted fairly soon where I see the initial layout being the Eurotunnel, and loss accommodation unless they are happy with credit card bookings.

Just waiting on a response from Bennett regarding his potential accommodation which could save us some bucks!!

Ok no problem, I have no issues and wait for a response during next week.

Yes Gaz is looking to sort the fuel tokens, and if their isn't enough I wonder if any of the other army fellas in Germany could assist if the fuel tokens dry up?

With the tokens guys im going to have about 200 litres ready to go this month then same for March and April. If people can PM me and tell me how many they want then i can put aside that amount for them. Im afraid its going to be first come basis.

Once i get the PM will explain payment probably through Paypal and then what exactly the process for the fuel tokens is hope this helps people out.

As the number is limited to approx 600 litres dont mind selling the whole amount to one person but think about the other lads is the only thing i can say on this but it is first come basis.

I can also speak to a few mates if the demand is massive and see if i can source more if people want some.

Many thanks

Gaz