Nismo White Zed

Sarnie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest prescience

I noticed that too - Christ. Reserve not met, he should be biting their hands off. Way over what its worth IMO but its worth what somebody will pay, I guess. So good luck to him

Can someone educate me on eBay. What's to stop you setting a reserve at a figure you want to sell for (in this case over market value IMO), then getting your mates to bid close to but not over the reserve, attempting to generate a market, then if somebody else bites, you make the sale. But what do you lose if you don't make the sale? Is their any downside to this tactic?

I noticed that too - Christ. Reserve not met, he should be biting their hands off. Way over what its worth IMO but its worth what somebody will pay, I guess. So good luck to him

Can someone educate me on eBay. What's to stop you setting a reserve at a figure you want to sell for (in this case over market value IMO), then getting your mates to bid close to but not over the reserve, attempting to generate a market, then if somebody else bites, you make the sale. But what do you lose if you don't make the sale? Is their any downside to this tactic?

You can do this :blush: This is evident when you bid for something and keep getting outbid. Once the auction ends, and you lose it to the other bidder, you get a second chance opportunity to buy the item even though the winner of the auction has not probably even had chance to pay for the item. The seller will give some rubbish excuse like the other bidder was a time waster etc. The downsize is if the person who is offered the item as a second chance turns it down :wacko:

Guest prescience

Cheers for that sarnie. Whaddya reckon this car is actually (by normal standards)

worth - 16k tops with all the styling mods and the 5.4s performance mods (if you believe that ;))?

Cheers for that sarnie. Whaddya reckon this car is actually (by normal standards)

worth - 16k tops with all the styling mods and the 5.4s performance mods (if you believe that ;))?

Don't want to upset any of the JDM owners on here but I wouldn't pay anymore than £16k for an import. If I wanted one with all the mods that he has I wouldn't give anymore than £16.5k max!!!

£20,400 for an import is obscene :scare: