Brembo touch up - cheap and avaliable!

pptom

I searched on here a while back for a decent touch up paint for a couple of chips on my Brembo calipers and didn't turn much up, except a members name who may or may not be able to get hold of any. Anyway, after no response I trawled MY350 and found the following post:

http://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-susp ... paint.html - see page 2 specifially for colour and longevity

The answer is so unbelivably cheap and readily avaliable its rediculous and I feel that i really need to spread the word - go down to your local friendly model shop (the airfix type) and buy some Humbrol 54 Metallic paint, its a perfect match. I personally couldn't be bothered supporting my local businesses and brought a tin from e-bay for the princely sum of £1.99 delivered.

Touched up my chips today and I'm right impressed.

Tom

I've done exactly 0 miles since touching mine up, here is a quote from the MY350 post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3 View Post

Any idea if that hobby paint can hold up to temperatures?

Yes - in my experience, I have been to around 5 track days in the 2.5 years I have had the Humbrol paint on my Brembos. All told, that is a total of about 50,000 miles. They have not chipped off, or burnt off while are acceptably close to the original color as painted - at least enough so that I was still able to get a 1st place at the 2010 ZCON in the 350Z Daily Driver category. I have tracked the car so that the brakes have gotten hot enough to melt AMS carbon ceramic pad material onto the rotors! But I think the paint has held up exceptionally well. Yah - they do look now, just a tad darker now than the OEM paint, but not hardly so, - while they were a perfect match when first applied. I am anal enough that if it were not a close enough match, I would repaint them before every car show. Try it yourself - I can recommend it!

Got some today, have to admit the lid colour doesnt look that close a match, but thats not really a fair comparison so i'll paint a scrap bit of metal and see how it looks on that. The match looks good in the american forum photos though :)