Electronic brake distrubution?

Leenx

ok want to get to the bottom of this (as much as I can anyway)

from an official Uk manual

" Sudden turns (such as spin turns, acceleration turns), drifting, etc. When ESP function is OFF (ESP OFF

SW ON) may cause the yaw rate/side G -sensor system indicate a problem. However, this is not a malfunction

if normal operation can be resumed after restarting engine. Then erase memory of self-diagnosis."

More:

"ESP Function EFS0047S

In addition to the TCS/ABS function, the driver steering amount and brake operation amount are detected

from steering angle sensor and pressure sensor, and vehicle's driving status (amount of under-steering /

over-steering) is determined from information from yaw rate/side G-sensor, wheel sensor, etc., and this

information is used to improve vehicle stability by controlling the braking and engine power to all four

wheels.

SLIP indicator lamp flashes to inform the driver of ESP operation.

During ESP operation, body and brake pedal lightly vibrate and mechanical noises may be heard. This is

normal.

ABS warning lamp, ESP OFF indicator lamp, and SLIP indicator lamp might turn on when vehicle is subject

to strong shaking or large vibration, such as when vehicle is on a turn table or a ship while engine is

running. In this case, restart engine on a normal road, and if ABS warning lamp, ESP OFF indicator lamp,

and SLIP indicator lamp turn off, there is no problem.

TCS Function EFS0047T

The wheel spin of the drive wheels is detected by ESP/TCS/ABS control unit from the wheel speed signals

from four wheels, so if wheel spin occurs, rear wheel right and left brake fluid pressure control and

engine fuel cut are performed while throttle value is restricted to reduce the engine torque and decrease

the amount of wheel spin. In addition, the degree throttle is opened is controlled to achieve the optimum

engine torque.

Depending on road circumstances, the driver may have a sluggish feel. This is normal, because the optimum

traction has the highest priority under TCS operation.

TCS may be activated any time vehicle suddenly accelerates, suddenly downshifts, or is driven on a road

with a varying surface friction coefficient.

During TCS operation, it informs a driver of system operation by flashing SLIP indicator lamp."

More:

"ABS Function EFS0047U

The anti-lock brake system is a function that detects wheel revolution while braking, and it improves handling

stability during sudden braking by electrically preventing 4 wheel lock. Maneuverability is also

improved for avoiding obstacles.

If the electrical system breaks down, then the fail-safe function starts, the ABS becomes inoperative, and

ABS warning lamp turns on.

Electrical system diagnosis by CONSULT-II is available.

EBD Function EFS0047V

Electronic Brake Distributor is a function that detects subtle slippages between front and rear wheels during

braking, and it improves handling stability by electronically controlling the brake fluid pressure which

results in reduced rear wheel slippage.

In case of electrical system break down, the fail-safe function is activated, EBD and ABS becomes inoperative,

and ABS warning lamp and brake warning lamp are turned on.

Electrical System Diagnosis by CONSULT-II is available.

Fail-Safe Function EFS0047W

ESP / TCS SYSTEM

In case of throttle control system trouble, ESP OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator lamp are turned on, and

the condition of vehicle is the same as the condition of vehicles without ESP / TCS equipment. In case of trouble

to the throttle control system, the ABS control continues to operate normally without ESP / TCS control.

CAUTION:

If the fail-safe function is activated, then perform the self- diagnosis for ESP/TCS/ABS control system.

ABS, EBD SYSTEM

In case of electrical malfunctions with the ABS, ABS warning lamp, ESP OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator

lamp will turn on. In case of electrical malfunctions with the EBD, brake warning lamp, ABS warning lamp,

ESP OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator lamp will turn on. Simultaneously, the ESP/ TCS/ABS become one

of the following conditions of the fail-safe function.

1. For ABS trouble, only the EBD is activated and the condition of vehicle is the same condition of vehicles

without ESP/TCS/ABS equipment.

2. For EBD trouble, the EBD and ABS become inoperative, and the condition of vehicle is the same as the

condition of vehicles without ESP/TCS/ABS, EBD equipment.

NOTE:

In condition 1 described above, an ABS self-diagnosis sound may be heard. That is a normal condition

because a self-diagnosis for “Key Switch ONâ€

EBD: We have one of these on our import JDM Zeds don't we?

A thread in the general section was making the point that one of the main differences between UK and JDM Zeds was we don't have this facility? My understanding was we did and I have I think what's called an ESP switch near to my petrol cap opener. Would someone mind confirming this and also explaining if there are any other braking / suspension differences between UK and JDM, tried the differences section but no joy?

Cheers

this question has already been answered Jim...

I'm still not certain what braking programs I have looking back on this thread and contrasting with the spec sheet from Bonsai - all I know is it has TCS, the replies are suggesting that ABS is standard amoungst UK, USA and JDM whatever the version, but I've not seen this present whether it be a sign that lights up or in the manual? Anyone else know? Don't think it's worth contacting Nissan UK - Have you tried calling them - usually half hour wait and when you do get through they're not interested as it's an import!

I'm still not certain what braking programs I have looking back on this thread and contrasting with the spec sheet from Bonsai - all I know is it has TCS, the replies are suggesting that ABS is standard amoungst UK, USA and JDM whatever the version, but I've not seen this present whether it be a sign that lights up or in the manual? Anyone else know? Don't think it's worth contacting Nissan UK - Have you tried calling them - usually half hour wait and when you do get through they're not interested as it's an import!

ABS standard on all spec Zeds :thumbs: