Electronic brake distrubution?

Leenx

We have one of these on our import JDM Zeds don't we?

A thread in the general section was making the point that one of the main differences between UK and JDM Zeds was we don't have this facility? My understanding was we did and I have I think what's called an ESP switch near to my petrol cap opener. Would someone mind confirming this and also explaining if there are any other braking / suspension differences between UK and JDM, tried the differences section but no joy?

Cheers

see my new FAQ.

also, Nissan's own definition is:

"ESP

ESP is the latest traction and stability aid. It automatically monitors wheel grip and adjusts a spinning or slipping wheel using a combination of the brake and engine torque. ESP+ is linked to an active brake limited slip differential, as well as to the latest generation of anti-lock brakes with electronic brake distribution (ABS+EBD), Nissan brake assist and traction control (TCS)."

this is for the US models so you might be right... but all UK models get both TCS and VDC

"The 2006 350Z offers a power-assisted 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. (BA).

Brembo brakes, featuring four front caliper pistons and two rear and larger pads and rotors, are standard on the Coupe Track and Coupe and Roadster Grand Touring models.

Traction Control System (TCS) and Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) (not available on all models) work in conjunction with the braking package. TCS uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to detect if the rear wheels are accelerating faster than the fronts. If so, torque is reduced to the drive wheels by altering the fuel injector pulse and controlling the Electronic Throttle Control motor.

Working hand-in-hand with the Anti-lock Braking System and the Traction Control System, VDC can reduce engine torque or apply individual brakes as necessary to help stabilize the car under severe cornering situations or adverse weather conditions."

Fu**! Thanks for helping put guys but now totally confused???! I have the JDM T version 52 plate - so which braking system will I have? Basicaly I want to know is will I have the same breaking stuff as a UK equivalent?

Fu**! Thanks for helping put guys but now totally confused???! I have the JDM T version 52 plate - so which braking system will I have? Basicaly I want to know is will I have the same breaking stuff as a UK equivalent?

if it has a TCS button it wont have ESP if it has VDC button it will, (I think :headhurt: )

if it has a TCS button it wont have ESP if it has VDC button it will, (I think :headhurt: )

think that is correct. Now the question is though, for us who have the VDC, when we switch it off, does it switch off the TSC too or just the VDC, and if not, when you switch the TCS off (like Lomoto has), does it switch the ABS off too? :wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:

think that is correct. Now the question is though, for us who have the VDC, when we switch it off, does it switch off the TSC too or just the VDC, and if not, when you switch the TCS off (like Lomoto has), does it switch the ABS off too? :wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:

when the TCS is off ABS is still operational , I dont know any make of car you can switch off ABS??( though I bet someone on here will B) )

not if you just press the button, but there's an urban legend that says that if you keep the VDC button pressed for a while, a lot of aid systems do shut down...

theres too many urban legends surrounding the electrics on our cars :angry: I wish Nissan could set out a definitive answer to these sort of questions :thumbs: