which sub

rodgeevans

I currently have an as new old skool cerwin vega stroker 15d and a phoenix gold titainum elite 12d from a previous install just laying around at home, what do people think should i try put one of these in or just get a decent 10 and stick it in the stock location, stroker may be difficult as it needs somin like a 5ft3 box. i already have it in a pro box but that never gonna fit in the z as is. just after some ideas as i really cant decide what to do.

I run a JL 10W6v2 of a JL Slash 500/1 Amp, best sub ive ever had and really has some power for a 10".

Same amp with a 10W7 on the end. And I couldn't agree more!

Most people think there are a couple of 12's in the car when it drops :lol:

Soooooo tempted to get decent I.C.E upgrade after reading this thread :p

But I can't be trusted with the volume control :blush:

Had amps and a 15" sub back in the days. Irresponsible usage resulted in tinnitus.

SO GUTTED, GAVE IT ALL AWAY FOR FREE :surrender: .

Luckily a few months later and the tinnitus went

• 2 weeks later...

Ok have decided the route im going im sticking the PG titanium Elite 12d in i have swaped the rear speakers already for an old set of PG 6.5 Octanes i had i got a set of PG titanium elite 6.5 components for the front these are actually made by morel, and im powering all of a 2 or 3 pg amps all of which i already have so saves money and the only thing i need to do is design and build a new box so the phoenix gold powered 350 is underway. The only place i have compramised so far is by installing the pioneer screen headunit instead of my nakamichi but the system components should give a good enough SQL without the need of the nak. As you may tell i have a soft spot for Phoenix Gold

Cheers mate done alot of the install today hope to get some pictures up soon just got to build the new bass box and amp rack but all the components are fitted with new speaker wire, the quides make that sound easier than it is to get the connectors in the doors back together but it may be the fact that the elites ned seperate cable for the mids and the tweeters run all the way from a shared crossover but all progressing and weather permitting i should have some pictures of the complete install to post tomorrow minus the sound deadning.