Crumpled Z :-(

scubapics

Yes, just give them a call and register the claim. The rest is up to them. Where are you based bud, we may be able to recommend a bodyshop. Kuro isnt the worst colour to match. :)

Crowthorne / Bracknell / Hook / Hartley Wintney.

Perfect Paint in Sandhurst have got good reviews plus they were the ones wanting to replace the bumper.

Look up Prestige paintowrk at J12 of the M4 - top quality paint shop and will do an awesome job. :)

Look up Prestige paintowrk at J12 of the M4 - top quality paint shop and will do an awesome job. :)

Bit too far away for me but thanks.

I call ed my insurance last night - Elephant. What a epic that was. About an hour on the phone. Not my fault so i don't have to pay but they wanted to use a company called Albany Assistance which is covered by my legal insurance part. Hmm I thought. Passing me over to some third party company. Not sure about that. So whilst I was on hold I checked them out on the net and could not find any good reviews about them. Just a nightmare to deal with by all accounts. So eventually got through to Albany, wasn't happy with the way things were going so got transferred back to Elephant. Told them I don't want to do deal with Albany and that I want to select my own repair centre.

Was all rather vague over the phone so I'm not convinced that this is all going to work out ok.

Ho hum. I guess that's what happens when you go with the cheapest insurance.

I might have been better off doing this privately for such a small amount.

The Mrs went through Albany for her Lotus repair. We ended up in court for all sorts, won the case comfortably, but in my experience it is not the way to go.

Prestige really isn't that far, I'd encourage you not to discount it, they know what they are doing (with insurance companies too, the Lotus got twatted 3 times while we had it!). :thumbs:

Elephant, Admiral, Bell and Pinnacle (all the same group) are AMAZING!!!!!!!.....................for getting you through the door then UTTER UTTER shash if anything happens (large parts of the operation operation is offshored too which doesn't always help).

I've had a few run-in's with some of the twonks working there. Cost £35 just to swap the private plate off the old case and on to the new one!!

In fairness though I think most companies these days employ some poor sod in Mumbai who's a trained neurosurgeon to answer insurance enquiries - typically coupled with a collection of utter 'tards who are about as much use as a tramps liver in a dingy call centre in Cardiff.

Every now and again you may stumble upon the one minion who's actually some use but they'll probably get the bullet before long for refusing to push 'Gold Standard' roadside assistance on you every time you call.

........sorry was I ranting then! :rant:

You could always get his insurance details and go through them? I always find that generates much less hassle provided he's admitted liability to his insurers and you don't pay any excess.

Personally I would give the guy a break and show him the £350 written quote and ask for the cash with a week.

He could have just done a runner.

I would then get it fixed wherever I felt comfortable, probably leave the bumper, someone is only going to bump it next week in tescos....

Personally I would give the guy a break and show him the £350 written quote and ask for the cash with a week.

He could have just done a runner.

I would then get it fixed wherever I felt comfortable, probably leave the bumper, someone is only going to bump it next week in tescos....

I gave the other chap the choice and he decided to go insurance route.

Elephant called me today to confirm if I wanted a hire car or not which I don't. They were actually very helpfull this time and confirmed that they have waived my excess and that they will pay the repair center of my choice directly in full. So that's good news I think.

Next task is to make sure the body shop is aware of my "exacting" standards. i.e. I don't want to see any paint / overspray lines on the inside of the door frame or on the metal work you see when you open the tail-gate.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give you all an update.

My car is now repaired and is good as new. The body shop has done a fantasic job. You would never know it had ever had an accident at all. No paint lines around the doors, boot or bumper seems. Absolutely seemless and flawless paint work. :yahoo::#1:

Cost of work was only £675 so not too bad a price. That included a full repsray of my rear bumper and removal of previous signs of minor reversing accident too - not just the dent removal of the wing and repaint of wing. My insurance company has paid for all of it and waived my excess fee so it didn't cost me a penny. I expect my insurance company will recover all costs from the other insurer without any problems so no effect on my no-claims bonus.

The bodyshop that did the work is in Hook, Hampshire just off the A30 and are called CarTechnicks. http://www.cartechnicksltd.co.uk/ They work with Lamborgini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jaguar, TVR and Zeds (the owner had eight 300zxs). I whole heartedly recommend them. :thumbs: