quick question on camber...

SunGodRA

I have just replaced the two rear tyres which both had even tread left in the middle, however the offside tyre was almost bald on the inner edge (yet the near side was only part worn on the inside edge). On closer inspection, the offside wheel has a much bigger camber angle than the nearside.

So my question is - how much camber adjustment is available on stock (without having to get camber arms). How easy/difficult is it to make any adjustments? (I dont want to do full geometry yet as I am getting new coilovers in the next few weeks - but with near tyres on I just need to adjust camber in the short term)

Thanks, David

I have just replaced the two rear tyres which both had even tread left in the middle, however the offside tyre was almost bald on the inner edge (yet the near side was only part worn on the inside edge). On closer inspection, the offside wheel has a much bigger camber angle than the nearside.

So my question is - how much camber adjustment is available on stock (without having to get camber arms). How easy/difficult is it to make any adjustments? (I dont want to do full geometry yet as I am getting new coilovers in the next few weeks - but with near tyres on I just need to adjust camber in the short term)

Thanks, David

David,

Plenty camber and toe adjustment on the rear providing your car is not lowered.

If your car is lowered then there may be still be enough, but you will not know for sure until you stick it on the machine.

David,

if you are only going to lower the car up to around 10/15mm the stock adjust like Alex says should be okay. But why have the camber adjusted twice , you can just adjust the camber, you have to adjust the track as well because they work togetheri.e adjusting one make sthe other angle move.

hope this helps

Mark

Thanks Alex and Mark.

I wasnt planning on doing coilovers till xmas time, which means a couple of months running my new rears on a bad setup. I cant believe how badly worn the inside of the tyre was (and they had only been on there 3 months!)- the camber must be way out - I was hoping there was something I could to in the interim.

edit - they were already worn when I fitted, but evenly etc

David,

It is no big deal getting the toe and camber adjusted mate.

Best to get it done now to improve the handling of the car and help stop the tyre wear.

Once you have fitted your coilovers then it will have to be done again and you may require camber kits front and rear depending on how far you drop.

In my opinion Alignment almost comes before Brakes. Theres no point in having driving a car that doesnt drive where its supposed to, get it aligned ASAP & use someone decent, also tell themhow you like to drive so that he can set the car up to you style so to speak