Free satnav for wonderphone thats actually good

stanski

Since I dont like spending money on apps for the wonderphone I came across NAVIFREE on Itunes - well thought I would try it - as its free - ;)

Surprisingly good - complete with all the bells and whistles including a talking posh woman navigator. Auto day and night mode, and assorted other stuff the big boys provide. Obviously it will never be as good as a dedicated unit but to have with you 'just in case' its actually pretty damn good.

Downside its one of these wiki maps things which is bound to be pants but to be fair on a particularly horrible trip thorugh Manchester last Friday it knew all my teeny back street shortcuts and responded very quickly to direction changes so give it a try and see what you think?

(sorry if a repost)

Jesus Nav!

Hehe, well I think my contract runs out after xmas, so I might finally join the smartphone crew. Probably get a HTC though, cheaper the better! :blush: Maybe you can toss me your Jesusphone after next years macworld Stan, there's bound to be a new update out :p

:lol: Don't worry mate I won't be buying the wonderphone 5 when my contract finishes just probably get the ye olde worlde current version which should make phone calls easily by then I hope? :p

If only they made it in Bakelite my favourite material :lol:

Btw the navfree is UK and Ireland only