Spoiler Help

rodgeevans

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could help me identify my spoiler i have looked through the stick and couldn't see it there i dont think as i want to declare it on my insurance and it was already on the car when i purchased and i was just generally intrested to know what it is. heres a couple of pictures and i hope to get some better ones of the spoiler up later.

DSC_5483b.jpg

car4-1.jpg

That's were my ironing board went :p no sorry mate I can't help you but I would say you'd struggle to pass that off as OEM to the insurance

Yeah thats why i want to declare it to them as i going to declare everything thats one of the reasons i want to know what it is

the tap washers will do nothing to kepp it up, they only help pop the boot clear of the latch. if it is as heavy as it looks then the counter weight will probably have little to no effect either - best bet would be new gas struts or to regas your original ones at a higher pressure.

yeah i need to put the tap washers in to help pop the boot out the latch properly. the boot sometimes wants to stay up so i will try the counterweight it doesn't cost me anything so worth a try if not i have enquired about some new struts from SGS engineering to see if they better than the originals or if they can uprate them before sending out. thanks for the advise.