AM/FM Reception in JDM

garygttdi

Presume you've got the wave expander already installed?

Is your current mast knackered then? As far as I understand it once the wave expander is installed it should work? I could be wrong though......its my specialty! :bangin:

Masts are fairly 10 a penny on feabay?

Can anyone give me a clue what or were I can get a replacement antenna for my Z? currently reception is terrible. Will I need to replace all the cable as well or can I just replace the mast?

Have you tried different frequencies?

e.g. Radio 1 is normally 98.8FM - but JDM radio wont pick that up - I can pick it up on 80.8 on mine ;)

Aerial wont make much difference on Jap radio receiver - its all down to frequency range

Hi guys my mistake, should have said the Jap unit had gone and been replaced with a Mutant head unit, trouble is it struggles to hold any station as the signal is so week it distorts or goes into scan mode searching for a channel to lock to. Just feels like the reception side of things is letting the unit down.

Frankly getting fed up worth listening to Classic FM !!!! Think I would do better with a coat hanger stuck in the antenna slot.

:console:

I would think its either the utter direness of the Mutant unit or the wiring to the mast has a break in it somewhere. I think if its a UK unit then it should be set to cover our frequencies.........unless it was replaced in Japan??

I can't see it being just the mast itself?

Our MX5 had a mutant unit in it........shiver.

Think I will bin it then I hate the dam thing anyway, trip to Halfords me thinks I agree it is probably the head unit and the fact that I need a booster on the aerial. The muppet that fitted it has not connected the rear speakers either (checked they are in the car). So suspect he had the wrong whirring harness.

Why do people **** around with stuff they do not have a clue what they are doing on.

Any one out in the Z world got a good ICE installer in the Somerset/Dorset area really do not want to be driving miles.

Thanks guys

:drive1

If it's a mutant headunit there is a chance that halfords fit it. Check out car audio direct.

:thumbs:

Think I will bin it then I hate the dam thing anyway, trip to Halfords me thinks I agree it is probably the head unit and the fact that I need a booster on the aerial. The muppet that fitted it has not connected the rear speakers either (checked they are in the car). So suspect he had the wrong whirring harness.

Why do people **** around with stuff they do not have a clue what they are doing on.

Any one out in the Z world got a good ICE installer in the Somerset/Dorset area really do not want to be driving miles.

Thanks guys

:drive1