Worn Tailgate Buffers

Rob_Quads

Anyone ever had to claim on thier warranty to get the tailgate buffers replaced?

I find that at least 50% of the time my boot does not un-catch on the first press and it needs a second one to fully release.

I've seen a 'hack' of putting coins behind the springs but as mines in warranty I think I will get it done the proper way.

Anyone ever had to claim on thier warranty to get the tailgate buffers replaced?

I find that at least 50% of the time my boot does not un-catch on the first press and it needs a second one to fully release.

I've seen a 'hack' of putting coins behind the springs but as mines in warranty I think I will get it done the proper way.

Mine does this too!!!! :rant:

Had the stealer look at it when it was in for a service but they wouldn't do it as when my zed was there the boot opened perfectly, everytime :thumbdown:

I'm gonna make them do it whenever I can be arsed to take it back :blush:

IIRC people have claimed for these struts under warranty. If your not interested in the coin trick then I pressume your not arsed about removing the weight from under the plastic on the boot lid???

I assumed mine didn't have one due to the Nismo spoiler. :wacko:

IIRC people have claimed for these struts under warranty. If your not interested in the coin trick then I pressume your not arsed about removing the weight from under the plastic on the boot lid???

I assumed mine didn't have one due to the Nismo spoiler. :wacko:

Yours has one :)

Nismo kit is factory fitted ateotd :)

Only weighs about 3lb's but makes all the difference!!!

Liam --tried tugging at my boot trim the other day to get at this weight ,wouldnt budge any Knack to it??

Its stuck on with plastic poppers. I got a screwdriver in behind mine to use as a lever :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm tried with that really on tight , may give it another go tonight.. where did you start to pull on the edges or near the catch in the center?

Its stuck on with plastic poppers. I got a screwdriver in behind mine to use as a lever :thumbs:

Hmmmmmm tried with that really on tight , may give it another go tonight.. where did you start to pull on the edges or near the catch in the center?

For me the hardest ones to get off were the ones in the centre by the catch so I worked my way round the edges :)

For me the hardest ones to get off were the ones in the centre by the catch so I worked my way round the edges :)

Ok will have another go, probably looking for another boot trim by the morning though :headhurt:

Mine is due to be done under warranty, it's on the nissan system so you shouldn't have a problem.

I've got a pretty big wing and they never even questioned it :D

Mine is due to be done under warranty, it's on the nissan system so you shouldn't have a problem.

I've got a pretty big wing and they never even questioned it :D

:dry:

Which dealership Pete???