So good to be back!!

GT4 Zed

I have been out of the country to sunny Africa since July and sure missed my zed and you lot :thumbs: .

I was back a few times but never had enough time to catch up with forum news or activities but apart from the tragic loss of Ian and friend the forum has been been up to its usual antics.

I can see that Nurish has got even madder as not unexpected :scare: .

I hope i can catch up with especially the west midlands crew in a meet before the winter sets in. :drive1

As for my zed it had a good rest from me and apart for a dead battery which i replaced it has been purring like a cat. I missed it so much and will try and drive as much as i can before the weather spoils it for us all.

However, before i left i have been thinking of parting out/selling my zed in favour of a sporty four seater saloon or even estate + a dedicated kitcar for trackdays. It has not been easy to choose the right replacements so I will have to address this in the next few weeks. I test drove the Audi S4 4.2 V8 before i left and it kind of ticked most boxes though the handling is ever so competent but feels numb in your hands.

BMW is out of the question as i have had a fair share these so we will see with other choices are out there in the sub £15K range. Suggestions welcome. ;)

So look out for my part-out soon and i will entertain selling out-right if anyone is interested in a very track focussed setup zed.

cheers

Wicked mate, where abouts in africa have you been? Iv been to Durban and Cape Town, South Africa quite a few times, really lovely place! As for the sporty 4 door saloon, ever had a look at the RX-8's a bit gutless on tourque for what they are but its great fun to drive!! Handles amazing!

@ DazBam350z: was in Cameroon and Nigeria then Ghana.

I rather keep the Zed than than go for the Rex. Not enough space for a child seat, gutless engine and not styling butch enough :thumbdown:

@Jenni86: Its a sleeper but could do with a sharper ride. i think coilovers and ARB can sort that out.

@Beavis: I was hoping you had forgotten Dave! Ok i will eat humble pie now as there is no chance in the last 4 GP with the titanic championship battled being waged. Lets try again next year ;)