All Z's have this oil cooler?

andlid

That's a water/oil cooler which alot of factory cars have( even my old rs turbo which was 1987 registered) it uses the engines coolant to do the cooling. If you replace with aftermarket you normally remove that sandwich plate, join the two water pipes together and get a differant sandwich plate which allows oil out those two pipes on the side and then you route pipes to a nice new oil/air cooler. :thumbs: At least that's what I've done in the past, I don't know if the Zed is differant :shrug:

Theres a big thread about it on my350, ill try & find it later
they are just bad news for highly modified cars. many engine builders will tell you to just replace that cooler every time you build your engine because it gets so clogged up with debris and they are impossible to totaly clean.

Advantages to removing it:

Cleans up engine bay a lot

Gives you a clean place to put an external cooler sandwich

no worries about it containing debris

disadvantages to removing it:

zero

Read more at http://my350z.com/forum/forced-inductio ... moval.html

but it's not good enough to cool the oil then? :wacko: or why do people upgrade them to air/oil coolers?

i just got a spacer for the oil sump.

ANd how hot does it get?

dont know how hot but that needle next to the fuel gauge stays put where it should be...regardless of the laps on the track ;)

cant see why anybody would need to make any changes anyway just for the odd track day :)

but it's not good enough to cool the oil then? :wacko: or why do people upgrade them to air/oil coolers?

i just got a spacer for the oil sump.

ANd how hot does it get?

dont know how hot but that needle next to the fuel gauge stays put where it should be...regardless of the laps on the track ;)

cant see why anybody would need to make any changes anyway just for the odd track day :)

:surrender: that is not good mate... driving in darkness like myself... seeing how hot the other Z got on track I got pretty worried about just how hot my engine oil must have been running (doing plenty more laps per session), also that the gearbox started to say no no (going 3rd to 2nd) after 8ish brisk laps... :drunk: