Problems with new 18's

t3dcf

Not sure if this is the correct place for this...but not sure where to put it. Im looking for some help- I recently bought some 18's for the z, all on and beautiful. however im now having a bit of a problem, im not sure if its connected or not - not actually sure how it could be...but here goes. I have a jdm tiptronic, and not sure if uk cars have it but I have a little light that flashes "slip" when the rear wheels loose traction. All good so far. recently this light has been flashing on during normal driving and i have lost all drive and push from the rear wheels - however the wheels are not slipping its as if the car is just not pushing. it returns to normal soon, but i normally have to touch my breaks first. my thoughts were maybe the tyres were new and not gripping, but they are not spining or slipping, then my thoughts went to clutch? any ideas would be appreciated.

D

p.s Hope this makes sense? :blush:

can't help on that one and not sure if anything can be done. The traction control has been calibrated for Nissan specs. Your tyres are outside this.

May be someone else can help.

Did you buy the wheels with the tyres on?

Your new wheels are...

Fronts are 25mm bigger in diameter - 5.2% Smaller

Rears are 15mm bigger in diameter - 2.2% Smaller

Standard Ratio = 1:1.02

Your Ratio = 1:0.99

Looking at it your problem is the fact your rear wheels are smaller than the fronts. This is likely to screw things up.

Thanks for your help - dont think i can turn the traction control off? the only switch I have is the main traction control switch and im not really brave enough to turn this off!!

Guess all i can do is switch the tyre sizes when i next get new tyres. Which size should i go for?

I might go back to the place i bought the rims and explain whats going on - what should i say...I dont really understand the ratio's etc etc.

:headhurt:

Thanks for your help - dont think i can turn the traction control off? the only switch I have is the main traction control switch and im not really brave enough to turn this off!!

Guess all i can do is switch the tyre sizes when i next get new tyres. Which size should i go for?

I might go back to the place i bought the rims and explain whats going on - what should i say...I dont really understand the ratio's etc etc.

turn the bugger off , it wont bite you , I run with mine switched off most of the time! in this way it will show if the problem is the tyres or something else :thumbs:

Although slightly scary - alot of fun, I have managed to have some sideways time even with it on! just being careful after a friend managed to put his s2000 into a 360 spin on the motorway!

You do however have a good point about seeing if it is the tyres of something else?. Guess i will give it a try.

Although slightly scary - alot of fun, I have managed to have some sideways time even with it on! just being careful after a friend managed to put his s2000 into a 360 spin on the motorway!

You do however have a good point about seeing if it is the tyres of something else?. Guess i will give it a try.

keep us informed :thumbs:

I'd defo go back. You've been sold wheels out of spec. Not very responsible of the seller

turn the bugger off , it wont bite you , I run with mine switched off most of the time! in this way it will show if the problem is the tyres or something else :thumbs:

You won't be saying that when hes wiped out a row of cars due to the back end spinning up.

I would not think of turning off ESP on the public road. IMO its best left for when you are playing on an track or airfield.

You won't be saying that when hes wiped out a row of cars due to the back end spinning up.

I would not think of turning off ESP on the public road. IMO its best left for when you are playing on an track or airfield.

God how did we manage drive before traction control was invented???? :p