Problems with new 18's

t3dcf

By driving over careful. When you have all that power I would much rather drive it as hard as i can and let the traction control handle it if it goes belly up rather than drive it below the potnetial

We'll have to agree to disagree on this Rob... in the wet its a usefull tool or if you run Bridgestones I will agree :)

By driving over careful. When you have all that power I would much rather drive it as hard as i can and let the traction control handle it if it goes belly up rather than drive it below the potnetial

We'll have to agree to disagree on this Rob... in the wet its a usefull tool or if you run Bridgestones I will agree :)

I'm with you on this Tim, off in the dry, on in the wet. Theres bags of grip in the dry and if it does go (a) you're being very silly (B) its well catchable :thumbs:

Seems to have started a bit of a fight :rant: ...from current experience in the wet it can be a bit of a beast - but as its my second car will mainly be driving in dry weather anyway - will prob give it a go - my last car was rear engine/rear wheel and didnt have traction control - less power but was controlable (and alot of fun!) Will probably go back to seller anyway and see what they have to say - what kind of stuff should i be telling them? ratio's etc - prob gonna say that ive spoken to a garage and they have advised me etc. The tyre place is a good place ive used before - so this does suprise me a little. :headhurt:

Just about to sort the tyre issue- can someone please confirm as the dealers are being useless - the tyre size I need on the car. Front and rear. I think ive understood it to be:

225-45-18 Front

245-45-18 REAR

This true

just agreed he will fit the tyres as described - the difference in tyre cost is in there, but he is paying a chunk of it and taking the used wheels back. I asked him where he got the tyre sizes fitted from and his manual for the Z states it as an acceptable tyre size - I assume this may be for other models or specs? not too sure - but should be all sorted - now just got to hope that this is actually the issue!?

Thanks for your help guys