Battery in keyfob gone,nissan want to charge me?

ThyJones

Hi there.

My keyfob was working fine at about 11pm on the monday night, tuesday morning it didn't. Used my spare key and drove to work then at lunch time i went to nissan. They took my key from me, and changed the battery, at a charge of £8ish. It still didn't work, so the chap came out, tried it, confirmed it didnt work, went back inside, did some stuff and tried again, said it still wouldnt work. He then said he'd take it round the back to sort it, but i'd ran out of time and had to be in a meeting.

Took it back today, told them what happened, spoke to the same chap, and he said I will have to pay the £86 charge to recode it. I said "so every time my battery runs out in my keyfob i need to pay £86", he said not every time, sometimes if you don't change it quick enough then that happens. I said, well you(at nissan) changed it for me, i didnt ask you to, you took the key off me, and never once said this could happen..

I've said i'll speak to the manager on Monday, as i'm not impressed. Anyone else had this problem, or is it fixable any other way than paying £86?

Cheers

if you change the battery within 30 seconds before the battery is totally dead then you don't need to re sync your keyfob

Had me worried for a bit then. I always leave the battery out of my spare so that it is fresh should I need it. A lot of people have problems with their spare keys as they live in a drawer for years and the battery goes flat. Come the time you need it (when your everyday key battery eventually dies) and it's no good.

Just installed my battery after 6 months and spare works fine.

Had the main out for longer than 30 seconds easily, and that's fine aswell. :shrug:

Maybe the keys were improved over time. (Mines a 313).