TYRE HELP

janoof1

OK ,

couple of points need clearing in my head, so your input would be valuable guys

I have had the Z for 2 weeks now :teeth::teeth::teeth:

its on the bridgestones, all 4 tyres have covered less than 500 miles and i must admit after reading some posts on this site you guys have me worried :surrender:

i get the impression you guys think they are useless , especially in the wet,

i have been driving the car in terrible conditions this week (TCS always on) and found the grip levels to be excellent.

so whats the dealio, will the grip suffer badly as i put the miles on compared to other makes-

And another thing parked next to my bros BMW 318 M sport , i was comparing the rear tyres, HIS WERE WIDER AND MORE LOWER PROFILE than my uk rays WTF!!!!!!!!! :scare:

I've had the Bridgestones since new (25,000 miles now) and am on my second set. My only problem was when I changed the rears before the fronts - the fronts got quite upset, as in upset the balance of the car in braking. After I changed the fronts its been back to normal.

I feel very safe on them - yes I've had the occasional tale-wag but I'm fairly certain that was my driving rather then the tyres.

I will admit that when the time came for renewal I looked (and read) about several other types and I think some of those look very purposeful (The Dunlops we saw at Millbrook looked the bees-knees) but in the end decided to stock with the tyres Bridgestone produced specifically for this car (You must get the right tread-pattern - size and type matching is not enough).

So my car's still OEM, and I still love driving it.

Cheers

I've had the Bridgestones since new (25,000 miles now) and am on my second set. My only problem was when I changed the rears before the fronts - the fronts got quite upset, as in upset the balance of the car in braking. After I changed the fronts its been back to normal.

I feel very safe on them - yes I've had the occasional tale-wag but I'm fairly certain that was my driving rather then the tyres.

I will admit that when the time came for renewal I looked (and read) about several other types and I think some of those look very purposeful (The Dunlops we saw at Millbrook looked the bees-knees) but in the end decided to stock with the tyres Bridgestone produced specifically for this car (You must get the right tread-pattern - size and type matching is not enough).

So my car's still OEM, and I still love driving it.

Cheers

b4 you replaced the fronts did the car seem very skittish and the abs/esp kicking in when it didn't used to do so ???

see this topic started by Sylvester also my problems :(

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 67&start=0

b4 you replaced the fronts did the car seem very skittish and the abs/esp kicking in when it didn't used to do so ???

see this topic started by Sylvester also my problems :(

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 67&start=0

Neo,

I was experienceing the same ABS issue (ie kicking in very early) until i changed the tyres.... seems to be better now, or else I've leant how to use the breaks properly :wacko: but then again, I haven't really driven enough with the new tyres to fully test. Has nobody else encountered this?

R.

First replaced the rears as they didn't have the fronts in stock (bizarre, I know!). The problem only went away after the fronts arrived and we changed them a week later. Plenty of testing over the weekend and I can confirm now we are all happy again!

RAH.