Creak be gone.....

Roo

Ok so the zed sounded like an old barge when i reversed it up on the driveway.

About 3 months ago i tried to get it done under waranty but as nothing was actually broken the waranty company dodged paying for what nissan said was the clicky rear axle issue..

So when in for MOT i asked my knew garage what they thought. They said drop links and. ... now its gone!

If i had gone with nissan and the problem had still been there i would have had a disbute on my hands as to who was going to pay he parts that were not needed! So big thanks to Excel motors dronfield!

Drop links 70 quid from JDM and excel fitted em to save me scratching around on floor. And so far. . No creak!

my car was in for service with Lockwood and Greenwood last week and they advised they could supply and fit new links for £140 - they will be standard nissan ones though I expect.

On another note - Lockwood and Greenwood were fantastic! supplied a courtesy car for me free of charge and kept me infiormed all day. Gave me planty of advice and then after I left and they were closing up I was on phone in carpark dealing with some work things and they came out and offered me a brew. good chaps :thumbs:

A bit unrelated and I'll have a search for it but do you think the drop links could be responsible for a clicking sound which sounds kinda like theres a stone stuck in the tire but I only noticed it a few weeks back when the weather was nice enough to have the windows open and at slow speeds.

A bit unrelated and I'll have a search for it but do you think the drop links could be responsible for a clicking sound which sounds kinda like theres a stone stuck in the tire but I only noticed it a few weeks back when the weather was nice enough to have the windows open and at slow speeds.

Maybe clicky rear axle...does it do it when reversing?

I haven't noticed it all the past week and have only noticed it whilst doing <= 15mph with the window down and it sounded more front than rear but given the streets I was in it could well be rear. I know I've seen Clicky rear axle banded about so I'll do a search and see if the symptoms match up!

Thanks

Edit: Wish I hadn't looked now! Sounds suspiciously like it could be but I'll wait till the weekend and have a play around with it! Already going to be forking out for droplinks and four wheel allignment and I've only had her 3 weeks, I hope this isn't the start of a worrying trend :shrug:! At least it's starting small well that is untill the clutch gives out! Well the clutch or my poor ankle with all that weight!

I haven't noticed it all the past week and have only noticed it whilst doing <= 15mph with the window down and it sounded more front than rear but given the streets I was in it could well be rear. I know I've seen Clicky rear axle banded about so I'll do a search and see if the symptoms match up!

Thanks

Edit: Wish I hadn't looked now! Sounds suspiciously like it could be but I'll wait till the weekend and have a play around with it! Already going to be forking out for droplinks and four wheel allignment and I've only had her 3 weeks, I hope this isn't the start of a worrying trend :shrug:! At least it's starting small well that is untill the clutch gives out! Well the clutch or my poor ankle with all that weight!

Clicky axle isn't actually a major problem, just an annoying noise. Mines been doing it for years and I just ignore it now :lol:

Whereabouts in Lincs are you?

Clicky axle isn't actually a major problem, just an annoying noise. Mines been doing it for years and I just ignore it now :lol:

Whereabouts in Lincs are you?

Well I couldn't reproduce the noise in the carparking before work and all I hear reversing up the drive is the creaking from the drop links!

I'm in Broughton Nr S****horpe and work in the dirty hole that is Immingham docks, could literally do with a major wash everytime it returns from work with all the coal dust...!