Cleaning door panel - sweaty type marks?!

atchi123

Any cleaner will leave streaks if you don't get it all off, and if the stuff is a bit greasy and you end up smearing it the original stain.

Try dabbing at it rather than wiping to get into the dimpled texture of the door.

I haven't tried this on the Z yet, but on a previous car with similar trim, I managed to do a very good job with a light spray-on interior cleaner and a soft nail brush to get into all the dimples. It helps avoid the streaky marks and patches you tend to get with cream-type cleaners. Finish off with a soft dry cloth.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

The interior door panels on my 350 have got the occasional, how can I put it, sweaty marks where patches are darker in colour. I bought Autoglym interior stuff but this actually just seemed to make it worse and left streaky patches itself. Anybody got any tips?

Either that or try the Meguairs NXT interior protectant. You can use on the doors and any rubber etc. Be careful putting it on though, if you not careful then it will end up patchy anyway. On nice and even and then let it dry properly for a day or so. I tend to wipe off the excess as well with another towel etc.

Ends up with nicely darker doors but not a nasty shine etc..... :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Best stuff ever is this...... http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductD ... uctID=9941

As long as you apply it and wipe off...it cleans all those nasty marks.

Had a proffes valet do the inside of mine and coated it in crap shiney stuff :thumbdown: so I cleaned it with this and it took it back to the natural factory 'new' finish...no nasty 'back to black' shine or silicone slip!!

best stuff I've ever used :thumbs: