Damn heated seat switches! Can I move them?

slimjim

Anyone moved their heated seat switches?

I keep driving down the road thinking I have pi**ed myself due to my elbow turning on the heated seat switch a few miles before! :thumbdown:

What kind of crazy puts the switch right under your elbow!

Anyone worked on this at all? :D

You can move them if you want... its just a rocket switch. If you choose where you want to mount them, just take the cable off the back and extend the wire, and attach to 2 new rocker switches which can be bought in halfords for about a fiver.

...picking the place to mount them is the hard part though.

you can change your whole console/interior to the post 06...

Where are they after 06 bud?

or just pull the fuse out so the heating elements don't work :lol:

Kind of removes the point of having them.... :lol:

In the Auto, the "Tortoise" switch is in the same place. Very embarrassing accidentally flicking this one with your elbow and then getting spanked by 2.0 l TTs at the lights. :blush:

Ouch, that has to hurt ;)

Maybe it's just your big mongo elbow? I've never hit them once :S

:p Pretty sure I have short arms... Im not the tallest guy in the world, borderline short! :D

Two hands on the wheel :p (well till you get them wheels and tyres sorted)

Glad you enjoyed Saturday morning in Wales.

Chris

Just heard the tires are in the country, DPD say they turned up in Stoke last night, so they might be hear today! YAY! :teeth:

Cheers for not scaring Tam TOO much when she thought me and the Zed had been kidnapped by the super friendly Andrew (What is his username?)

Will be better prepared and stay longer next time.....

You can move them if you want... its just a rocket switch. If you choose where you want to mount them, just take the cable off the back and extend the wire, and attach to 2 new rocker switches which can be bought in halfords for about a fiver.

...picking the place to mount them is the hard part though.

Yeah, thought about that. not too fussed about the passenger side, I mean if I turn theirs on, it doesn't effect me!

So I could move just mine to next to the TCS button... ?

i suppose you could pick up the blanking plate from nissan and reuse the original switches. the idea is to have them accessible to both passenger and driver though. not sure where you'd put them that would look right :shrug:

Might pop to Nissan and ask them for prices. They seem to be quite reasonable to be honest!

take out the ash tray and put a blanking plate in to mount new switches?

That is an good idea... But knowing me my hand would knock them!

Thinking about this, really hard like :D

What if I had an "override" switch in the glove box?

So if if it was off, then the switched just wouldn't work at all. That way it wouldn't matter if I flicked the switches by accident.

Then if I wanted them on, I would just flick the "override" switch in the glove box to on... and the switches would work as per normal...

Would that work? :blush: