Woodbridge yesterday (Sat 18 Sep)

rawbhp

Had a great day at Woodbridge Airfield yesterday in glorious weather. For anyone who wants to explore the limits of the Z on a safe, challenging circuit, it's an ideal venue. Good mix of straights and technical twisty bits, and whilst the surface is a bit rough and broken in places, tyre wear wasn't too bad. Great pubs nearby for lunch too.

Funniest moment of the day was seeing an S2000 spinning on the sighting lap :lol: Not quite sure how he managed it, but it was in front of the viewing area :blush:

Most committed was the driver of a BMW 530D, who nailed it all day, rolling through corners and abusing the brakes. It shifted in a straight line though!

The driver of a Ferrari 360 (about 28 years old btw) had a narrow escape when he had to avoid someone in the braking zone at the end of the main straight, and ended up in the bushes. No lasting damage thankfully.

I saw a couple of Zs there - a black 06 with black chrome alloys, and a silver I think too. Not out on track, but in the paddock. Anyone off here?

My brakes were superb all day despite no extra cooling. Dixcel high carbon discs and pads front, and Ferrodo 2500 pads rear.

In short, well worth the 2 hour drive there, and I'd definitely go again. Much happier playing with the Zs tail now too - by the end I was sliding it out of almost every corner. Not sure the marshals were too impressed though! ;)

P1070232.jpg

P1070207.jpg

P1070208.jpg

P1070209.jpg

P1070228.jpg

P1070203.jpg

P1070237.jpg

P1070238.jpg

thats 5 min from my house :lol: its a good track setup there. i like the course layout, makes for a good technical course.
Funniest moment of the day was seeing an S2000 spinning on the sighting lap :lol: Not quite sure how he managed it, but it was in front of the viewing area :blush

Coincidence.....? :lol:

not me :teeth: haven't tracked this baby yet

thats 5 min from my house :lol: its a good track setup there. i like the course layout, makes for a good technical course.
Funniest moment of the day was seeing an S2000 spinning on the sighting lap :lol: Not quite sure how he managed it, but it was in front of the viewing area :blush

Coincidence.....? :lol:

I thought that when I read his sig! This one was blue though...