Looking for a Zed...Does this seem odd?

deank93

Hi All,

I'm on the look out for my first Zed which has resulted in me finding a few I like the look of, I've sent a couple of email with the usual questions but can't help but notice the 3 of the 5 I'm interested in have owners that are working out of the country and friends will send me additional pictures or relatives will be viewing the car with me....while this may well be true it seems a little odd that 3 of the 5 owners are away.

Should I be concerned? It's been a long while since I've bought a new car.

Thanks, Dean.

Just be extra careful mate, plenty of scamms going about with car sales.

A guy where i work bought an Audi TT only to have it taken away by the police because it had been stolen and cloned to an exact same TT.

Funny thing was that the guy that sold him the car had access to a house in Birmingham that actually was not his house but had managed to get the house keys (stolen) while the owner was out, my mate was told to be at the address at a certain time to do the deal. All the paperwork was actually asigned to that address as well :scare:

My advice would be to buy from a dealer. If you go the private route, make sure you get HPI checks AA inspections etc. Take NO chances

It may appear to be an honest sale, but you never know who is the owner of the car.

Pay your money and take your chances.

Dealer dealer dealer all the way...... :thumbs:

Unless you buy from the forum....then you know you will be getting a well looked after car. :thumbs:

Just be extra careful mate, plenty of scamms going about with car sales.

A guy where i work bought an Audi TT only to have it taken away by the police because it had been stolen and cloned to an exact same TT.

Funny thing was that the guy that sold him the car had access to a house in Birmingham that actually was not his house but had managed to get the house keys (stolen) while the owner was out, my mate was told to be at the address at a certain time to do the deal. All the paperwork was actually asigned to that address as well :scare:

My advice would be to buy from a dealer. If you go the private route, make sure you get HPI checks AA inspections etc. Take NO chances

It may appear to be an honest sale, but you never know who is the owner of the car.

Pay your money and take your chances.

Dealer dealer dealer all the way...... :thumbs:

Unless you buy from the forum....then you know you will be getting a well looked after car. :thumbs:

+1, in addition to the above the HPI check doesn't cover you for cloned cars as a friend of mine found out. a bunch of V5 documents were stolen some time ago so google it take down the serial numbers of the documents and make sure the V5 you're shown doesn't fall within the stolen batch.

buyers who claim to be abroad and will pay you online and have a shipping agent who will pick it up is a very common scam. i dont know what the next phase of the con is because i always ignore these kinds of emails

but you say its the other way round and the seller is away, not heard about that but you should be very wary